From Dark City
- You get free dots in Moon Gifts according to your Auspice Renown, two Facets of Shadow Gifts from your Tribe and Auspice, and one facet of a Wolf Gift.
- In addition to what's in the book, you may choose a Blood and Bone from the Blood and Bone list, or submit your own using the rules listed on that page.
- Upon character creation, you are limited to one Renown at 3, and the rest may be at 2 or below.
- Wolf-Blooded may take the merits: Supernatural Resistance, Aura Reading, Mind of a Madman, Cursed, Unseen Sense, Clairvoyance, Laying on Hands, and Medium.
Custom Abilities and Items
- The following may be custom-made: Fetishes and Talens, Pack and Wolf Rites, Pack Tactics, Wolf-Blooded Tells, and Lodges.
Fetishes and Talens
- When crafted, Fetishes and Talens must be supported by dots in Resources or Esoteric Armory equal to their rating.
- Human Fighting Styles (Boxing, Martial Arts) can only be used in Hishu and Dalu.
- The Pure Gift trees from Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon are permitted: Agony, Blood, Disease, Fervor, and Hunger. These are all considered non-affinity.
- The Gift of City (non-affinity) and the Gift of Essence are permitted: read them here.
- The Gift of Metal has been House Ruled in.
- Hunting Natures are not in use; no drawbacks or benefits of Hunting Nature Conditions are granted.
- Moon Taint causes Poisoned at "moderate".
- Pack Beats and Pack Experience will not be in use. Totem advantages and Pack merits will work as normal.
- Packs make take any mundane Shared Merit tagged (Motley), and the same rules apply; to reap the benefit of the shared Merit, you must have purchased into it.
- Pack Composite Sheet that combines Pack, Safe Place, and Totem into one.
- Raising Renown in-play beyond 3 must be justified.
- You are limited to one Renown at 3 to start, the rest must be at 2 or below.
- The Merits Good Time Management and Patient apply to Rites.
- When you learn a Rite from someone else, you do not have to inherit their dice pool. You may select your own, representing your own spin on the Rite.
- Werewolves predate spirits; do not assume that they will just up and talk to you and give you information instead of scurrying away, or flat out ignoring you.
- You must have Contacts or Allies to reliably get intel from spirits regarding anything of specific interest.
- Contacts or Alies cannot simply reflect (Spirits); they must reflect a specific umia of spirits, and your inquiry must be relevant to the spirits you have ties/merits with.
- Even with these merits, spirits always take payment in gathra (Essence). This is normally 1-2 Essence for something of small value, and more if the value is greater. ST discretion applies.
- General spirit chatterings will be posted in
#spirit-chatter. It is assumed that anything posted in there is general knowledge that anyone might overhear from spirits in passing. That reflects what you are able to learn or casually overhear without the appropriate merits or Conditions.
- Getting information from the spirits requires the same mechanical avenues (Contacts, Allies) as getting information from anyone else as with, with one caveat, which is the Connected condition. If you have this condition with an umia, you don't need to use Contacts or Allies to get information, or even a favor, from any spirit in that umia.
- As with everything else, there are instances where you need a critical piece of information that is not reflected in your current Contacts, Allies, or Connected Conditions. You are encouraged to collaborate with other Werewolves to get the "in".
- In some cases, you may be able to "find" where certain spirits are hanging out, and coax them with Social Maneuvering and bribe them with more gathra than usual, but this is not reliable, and will work less and less the more that you rely on it, as spirits notice you are an easy mark for payment who has no networks and allies of their own.