Below are a list of all the City Titles in Dark City. The definitions and requirements are specific to the Court of New York City. Very few titles are mutually exclusive, but a Vampire who spreads themselves too thin will lose the confidence of the Prince. All positions require the blessing of the Prince. If you'd like to add a title for consideration, please open a Vampire Ticket.
Status 0: The Outcasts
- While many newcomers may not have any status yet, it doesn't mean they're to be driven from the city. It does mean they are on a short list of people who need to hurry up and prove their worth before it becomes clear they are of no value. Nobody remains an Outcast for long -- they either commit to the city or are asked to move on.
Status 1: The Invited
- Harpy - Harpies are the opinion leaders and the trend-setters to whom other Kindred look when it comes to matters of taste, style, philosophy, or politics. There may be multiple of this title.
Status 2: The Welcome
- Herald - The Herald acts as the Prince’s voice, making the Prince’s edicts known to the domain. There may be multiple of this title.
- Scourge - Part of the Sheriff's brute squad, those Kindred adept at combat, called upon to defend the city first. There may be multiple of this title. Also called 'Hound'.
- Deputy - Appointed by the Sheriff to aid them in investigations. There may be multiple of this title.
Status 3: The Useful
- Master of Elysium - A trusted Kindred who has been granted permission to hold Elysium within the city. There may be multiple of this title.
- Whip - A loyalist whose role is being the Kindred in charge of motivating other members of the covenant to present a unified face. There may be one of each covenant of this title.
- Priscus - The unified 'face' of a given clan, that leads in political matters should they arise. There may be one of each clan of this title.
- Master of Coin - Decreed by the Prince, they aid the Court in matters of resources and funding. There may be multiple of this title.
- Councilor - A member of the advisory and voting council that aids the Prince in their decisions. There is one per welcome Covenant in the Court. Councilors must have the support of their Covenant and the approval of the Prince. How each Covenant makes that decision is up to them.
Status 4: The Leaders
- Primogen - The leader of a given Covenant within the city. There may be one of each covenant of this title.
- Sheriff - Decreed by the Prince, the leader of physical force in security and upholding the Traditions. Oversees Deputies and Scourges. There may be only one of this title.
- Seneschal - Decreed by the Prince, the right hand in all matters of the city. The Seneschal acts with the Prince's authority in their absence. There is only one of this title.
Status 5: The Rulers
- Prince - The leader and absolute ruler of a given City.