As you may well know these nights I have found myself restless. This city has become predictable and its inhabitants bland. I know years ago when we first met, our appetite was far greater for the thrills we go so often without now. So I will propose to you a bold idea. One in which I believe will benefit us both greatly, if we are inclined to be so adventurous.
I’m sure by now you’ve heard of the history of New York City. Once an illustrious institution among the Kindred, Prince Everston slowly went mad and pushed for a Cloistered City. Rife with paranoia he allowed no communication in or out. Many left and thank goodness they did because those that stayed vanished without a trace. In the years since, few have been and many that do go to investigate on what might have happened disappear themselves.
But do not fear, this was nearly 20 years ago. I believe whatever danger may have once existed, it has since passed. In fact, there is a new Prince. An elder who goes by ‘Mab’ of all things, and they’ve quite the following. Rumor has it roughly 5 years ago, they, and their loyal cabinet decided it was time to set fear aside and take back the city - something many refused to do. But my dear, they’ve been thriving!
Prince Mab has their own sets of rules which can be restrictive, but because of the city’s history and their informal rule, it’s virtually empty. My dear, we could get into this city on the ground level. Become part of its new regime. Mab is openly calling for those brave enough to settle in the boroughs of the Big City, to set up their machinations, to sire their childer, and to take hold of the magnificent gem that was lost to us!
I will be heading to the city myself within the next coming weeks and I was rather hoping you and your lovely companion Arthur might join me. Please take this offer into your deepest considerations. A taste of the old days. And a chance to solidify our legacy.
~Yours, Kenneth Pembrooke
"Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the other shore; into eternal darkness." - Dante
Playing a Vampire or a Ghoul among this venue we'll be facing the following themes:
- Life in the All Night Society and Final Death
- Nature vs Nurture
- Enterprise and Turmoil
- Violence and Aftermath
This sphere is built for heavy thematic RP including politics and violence.
- Timeline: A timeline of recent events.
- The Underworld Trilogy
- The Lost Boys
- Interview With A Vampire
- Salem's Lot
- Blade Trilogy
Society: The Danse Macabre
- THE FIRST TRADITION: MASQUERADE
Do not reveal your true nature to those not of the Blood. Doing so forfeits you your claim to the Blood.
- THE SECOND TRADITION: PROGENY
Sire another at the peril of both yourself and your progeny. If you create a childe, the weight is your own to bear.
- THE THIRD TRADITION: AMARANTH
You are forbidden from devouring the heartsblood of your Kindred. If you violate this commandment, the Beast calls to your own Blood.
While Prince Mab wants their city to thrive, they are also keenly aware that the reason for its previous failure remains unknown. Therefore a healthy amount of suspicion lies at the core of most of their actions. If you’re not here to benefit the city and its inhabitants, then why are you here? If you have no speakable motives and nothing to lose, why should they trust you? Those that are actively contributing are given far more leniency than those who shuffle with no direction in the night. This city can not afford bottom feeders. And they are watching closely.
- You must announce yourself.
- You must be providing the city with a service. Do not come empty handed.
- You must be part of a Covenant, or if you’re Unaligned meet with the Seneschal regularly for oversight.
- Sharing the Kiss among Kindred is frowned upon. Perversion (being bound to another vampire), is unacceptable.
- All ghouls and thralls will be reported. Unreported ghouls and thralls will be removed from custody or destroyed.
- Leaving and returning to the city requires an entrance and exit interview.
- Breaking the Traditions is grounds for death.
Prince Mab really only has one focus – grow the city, make it thrive, and fortify it. So long as those within their walls show promise, value, and loyalty they are allowed to stay.
The Ordo Dracul
Territory: Staten Island
The Dragons of New York probably feel like the city is theirs, but in truth Mab has never claimed it to be a specific Defiant City. They are left to their own devices in the grander scheme of things, but one thing is abundantly clear: Should chaos arise they had better be ready. Mab has expressed a fearful Dragon is one they will kill themselves. The Order will not show weakness when the actual fight arrives.
Perhaps their second in command because of the practicality. Who better to help assist in running a city such as New York than the First Estate? Their efforts are supported and encouraged. Mab wants complete control. They meet the Seneschal nightly to discuss the goings on in their city. New Conspiracy members are openly welcomed and encouraged towards enterprise.
The Carthian Movement
Make no mistake, the Firebrands were invited here for a reason. While Mab could care less about their pamphlets and soapboxes, they recognize the strength in diversity. The Carthians didn’t become who they are for their display of demure soft-hearted hands. That alone makes them at least respected in the eyes of the Prince. So gather your mobs, but remember for now who is in charge. If you distract from the ultimate goal, you’re replaceable.
The Circle of the Crone
There are more of these in the city than it seems, but Mab knows every single one. They of course can appreciate the tenacity of such a Covenant, but it’s a shame so many wouldn’t give their talents the proper application. That’s neither here not there. Mab will put their expertise to use, and in the mean time they can be another powerful wing their city.
The Lancea et Sanctum
These vampires are only allowed because of the chance it might aid in the fight against whatever came before. Mab openly dislikes the Church and while they are required to attend Court and council meetings, the Judges will be removed for spouting gospel in their presence. When new Sanctified appear in the city, their offerings and services better be steep with value or they’ll be turned away at the border.
Mab - Gangrel, Ordo Dracul
Vincent Darrows - Ventrue, Invictus
Dazai - Mekhet, Ordo Dracul
Master of Elysium
Master of Coin
Joseph Oliver - Daeva, Invictus
- See the full character list here.
Status & Titles
Rules and System
We are playing Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition.
Please closely review our Vampire Sphere House Rules.
Joining the Sphere
Vampire is now accepting applications.
- You can find the full Approval Guidelines here.
How To Get the Most out of Gameplay
- Discuss NPC ties with your ST, and request NPC scenes when they are relevant. For instance, requesting to meet with an NPC to ask them to Mentor you, or teach you a ceremony that they know, or convince them to switch sides on a critical issue are all great reasons for an NPC scene. If you'd like to establish that you know an NPC, that might be better handled as a hand-wave or downtime action.
- Let your ST know what your objective is when you put in a request. They probably know something you don't about how to connect you from Point A to Point B, so give them all the information so they can make it easier for you.
- Let your ST know what you've been up to. While we don't require justifications, it's a great idea to include a brief reason for why your PC is adding another dot in Athletics, for example, or from where they learned a new power. It helps the ST know what you've been up to. While we'd love to read all the scene logs, there's simply not enough time! So help keep us informed.
- RSVP for plots and plot scenes by adding yourself to the Count Me In section. This signifies that you and your PC are taking an active interest and role in the plot, and will make it easier for others to find you, and helps the ST manage scene time by knowing approximately how many people to expect.
- Proactively follow-up on plots and clues in ticket requests. Once they're out there, they're yours to make a move with. Don't expect plot answers or resolutions to come to you and land in your lap.
- Let your ST know what you enjoy. If you're in the game for all combat all the time, or perhaps you're more story driven, if you let the ST know your preferences (so long as the games stay within a reasonable volume), they can accommodate your requests when possible.
- Give Details. Share logs with STs or personal moments you want noted (any why you want them noted), so STs might include those details in your personal plots.
- Find Your Purpose. These are things that should be considered during character creation but can always be added to afterwards. Why is your character part of the Danse Macabre? Why urges them to continue on? Why are they in the city? What role do they play towards its success? How do they benefit themselves or their coterie mates?
- Vampires/Ghouls Only
Current & Upcoming Plots
- Patient Tongue
- Open to Kindred And Ghouls
- Open to Lancea et Sanctum Kindred and Ghouls.
- Lovers Met
- Open to Invictus Kindred and Ghouls.