Trouble In Jersey
Note: This plot is intended for the Vampire sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Vampire characters.
Jersey City is the latest addition to Prince Natasha's Domain. Or is it? The Unaligned who reside there are getting restless, and trouble is stirring...
Plot Details So Far
- Crystal Chaos showed up to The Hamburg Ruins Elysium searching for the scourges. She claimed that they've killed her 'fans', and wants justice.
- Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar, Hamish McGregor, Imani Hakim and Sasha Ivanov investigated the crime scene, Old Dominion Freight Line in Jersey City.
- There were two victims, Tommy and Julie, both with severe bruising around their necks. Their bodies are at the Morgue.
- Ayda Anwar, Alexis Donovan and Imani Hakim collected evidence on the scene, including a tooth from Tommy and a piece of paper with written '42G1 - K22 missing manifest'. The gates were not forced or lockpicked.
- Hamish McGregor discovered from a rat that when the murders happened, the gates were opened at an unusually late hour and a single man entered.
- Alexis Donovan discovered through Auspex that the culprit was Sasha Ivanov, but that he was forced to do it and then made forget by supernatural means.
- Imani Hakim discovered that Crystal Chaos called in a favor to have the murder scene investigated before their arrival by Joey Temporo, an Unaligned Mekhet rumored to run South Jersey City. He tends to keep to himself and not get that involved with other Kindred - but unlike David, he is very much owning being a vampire. He's rumoured to be an intellectual collecting his own little occult library, trading in information to keep the trouble in Jersey swirling around him without it dragging him under.
- Ayda Anwar and Alexis Donovan, thanks to Ayda's personal assistant, discovered, examining the bodies, that Tommy's bruises were considerably broader than Julie's, suggesting a different pair of hands. Since Tommy was killed by Sasha Ivanov, the second assailant is likely of a smaller build.
- Ayda Anwar found out that the code '42G1' on the piece of paper indicates a 40 ft long, 8'6" tall general purpose container with only passive ventilation.
- Ayda Anwar contacted Tolliver South, asking him to gather information about Crystal Chaos, Joey Temporo and the container 42G1 - K22.
- Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar, Hamish McGregor and Sasha Ivanov went to visit Joey Temporo, after Hamish McGregor was able to track his base at Hudson House in Port Liberté.
- Ayda Anwar led the negotiations with Temporo, bringing him a rare and appreciated gift. Sasha Ivanov waited outside, but Temporo's Oubliette blocked his vision of the inside of the building.
- Temporo confirmed what the investigators discovered at the crime scene, and by his description, the second murderer should be Jessie Carlisle.
- Temporo mentioned a Kindred named Ricardo as a third major player in New Jersey, besides himself and Crystal Chaos.
- Ricardo claims Bayonne and parts of the Waterfront as his territory and arrived recently with a considerable retinue. He is Ventrue, so he could be the one behind the Scourges' framing.
- Crystal Chaos interrupted the negotiations as they were about to reach their conclusion, entering Temporo's base with a group of her fans. Sasha Ivanov followed them inside in smoke form.
- Crystal Chaos used her Majesty on Hamish McGregor and the others present, forcing him to reveal the truth about the murders. Even after knowing the Scourges were controlled at the time of the murders, Crystal Chaos confirmed her intentions to hunt them down, before going after those behind it.
- Crystal Chaos was about to leave, together with Hamish McGregor that was still firmly under her control, but Sasha Ivanov intervened, draining the life out of one of her fans to provoke her and protect his Childe.
- Before a fight could break out, Temporo bent the perception of his Oubliette to separate the two groups. Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar and Sasha Ivanov found themselves separated from the others and left the building. Crystal Chaos and Hamish McGregor likely left the place together.
The Team So Far
Count Me In
- To be scheduled.
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- 20th August, 2022: Here's to never growing up
- 3rd September, 2022: Trouble In Jersey - The Scene of the Crime
- 21st September, 2022: Visiting Temporo
- How do I engage this plot?: Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.