Trouble In Jersey
THIS PLOT IS RESOLVED.
Note: This plot is intended for the Vampire sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Vampire characters.
Jersey City is the latest addition to Prince Natasha's Domain. Or is it? The Unaligned who reside there are getting restless, and trouble is stirring...
Plot Details So Far
- Crystal Chaos showed up to The Hamburg Ruins Elysium searching for the scourges. She claimed that they've killed her 'fans', and wants justice.
- Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar, Hamish McGregor, Imani Hakim and Sasha Ivanov investigated the crime scene, Old Dominion Freight Line in Jersey City.
- There were two victims, Tommy and Julie, both with severe bruising around their necks. Their bodies are at the Morgue.
- Ayda Anwar, Alexis Donovan and Imani Hakim collected evidence on the scene, including a tooth from Tommy and a piece of paper with written '42G1 - K22 missing manifest'. The gates were not forced or lockpicked.
- Hamish McGregor discovered from a rat that when the murders happened, the gates were opened at an unusually late hour and a single man entered.
- Alexis Donovan discovered through Auspex that the culprit was Sasha Ivanov, but that he was forced to do it and then made forget by supernatural means.
- Imani Hakim discovered that Crystal Chaos called in a favor to have the murder scene investigated before their arrival by Joey Temporo, an Unaligned Mekhet rumored to run South Jersey City. He tends to keep to himself and not get that involved with other Kindred - but unlike David, he is very much owning being a vampire. He's rumoured to be an intellectual collecting his own little occult library, trading in information to keep the trouble in Jersey swirling around him without it dragging him under.
- Ayda Anwar and Alexis Donovan, thanks to Ayda's personal assistant, discovered, examining the bodies, that Tommy's bruises were considerably broader than Julie's, suggesting a different pair of hands. Since Tommy was killed by Sasha Ivanov, the second assailant is likely of a smaller build.
Meeting with Temporo
- Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar, Hamish McGregor and Sasha Ivanov went to visit Joey Temporo, after Hamish McGregor was able to track his base at Hudson House in Port Liberté.
- Ayda Anwar led the negotiations with Temporo, bringing him a rare and appreciated gift. Sasha Ivanov waited outside, but Temporo's Oubliette blocked his vision of the inside of the building.
- Temporo confirmed what the investigators discovered at the crime scene, and by his description, the second murderer should be Jessie Carlisle.
- Temporo mentioned a Kindred named Ricardo as a third major player in New Jersey, besides himself and Crystal Chaos.
- Ricardo claims Bayonne and parts of the Waterfront as his territory and arrived recently with a considerable retinue. He is Ventrue, so he could be the one behind the Scourges' framing.
Interruptus Crystal Chaos
- Crystal Chaos interrupted the negotiations as they were about to reach their conclusion, entering Temporo's base with a group of her fans. Sasha Ivanov followed them inside in smoke form.
- Crystal Chaos used her Majesty on Hamish McGregor and the others present, forcing him to reveal the truth about the murders. Even after knowing the Scourges were controlled at the time of the murders, Crystal Chaos confirmed her intentions to hunt them down, before going after those behind it.
- Crystal Chaos was about to leave, together with Hamish McGregor that was still firmly under her control, but Sasha Ivanov intervened, draining the life out of one of her fans to provoke her and protect his Childe.
- Before a fight could break out, Temporo bent the perception of his Oubliette to separate the two groups. Alexis Donovan, Ayda Anwar and Sasha Ivanov found themselves separated from the others and left the building. Crystal Chaos and Hamish McGregor likely left the place together.
We're All Probably in Trouble for That
- Hamish McGregor returned after a few days of disappearing, seeming comfortable he convinced Crystal that perhaps Ricardo is the one to turn her efforts towards and the Scourges, for now, are not the subject of her ire. He also found out that the other big player of the Unaligned in Jersey, Ricardo - is a newer factor, and more aggressive than Temporo.
- Alexis Donovan, with Ayda Anwar's help, discovered that the man they met as Temporo was actually his instructed ghoul, likely in telepathic contact with his Domitor. This information is kept confidential and not publicly available.
- Through a contact in New Jersey, Ayda Anwar collected vast information about Ricardo Holden, the rising player among the New Jersey Unaligned. Ricardo has strong connections among the dock workers and customs agents of New Jersey and runs a criminal empire whose influence reaches the Police Departments of both New Jersey and New York.
- Ricardo Holden's confirmed Social Merits:
- Allies (Crime) 5
- Contacts 5 (Black Market, Customs, Port Workers, Arms Dealers, NYPD)
- Allies (Customs) 4
- Resources 5
- Status (Crime) 3 -- Disabled by AG
- Allies (NYPD) 4
- Allies (NJPD) 4 -- Disabled by AG
- Safe Place 5
- Closed Book 3
- Alternate Identity (Ricardo Holden) 3
- Ricardo Holden's confirmed Social Merits:
Returning to the Scene of the Crime
- Returning to investigate the '42G1 - K22' container, Ayda Anwar realized that since '42G1' was the type of container, 'K22' had to be a local coordinate at the freight line and not a general ID number for a container.
- She then decided to return to Old Dominion Freight Line in Jersey City, together with Hamish McGregor, which ensured the collaboration of Crystal Chaos obtaining access to the area, and Alexis Donovan.
- With the help of one of Crystal Chaos's fans, they found the container in the K22 position and confirmed it was the same as the night of the murders, but it was now empty.
- Through the use of Auspex, Alexis Donovan discovered that Sasha Ivanov and Jessie Carlisle unloaded cases of grenades from the container and that a man identified as Eddie Stukov was present when it happened.
- Further investigation of the container confirmed what was discovered, but did not lead to further clues.
The Death Of Oggie Pryor
- Under the guise of Richard, Ricardo Holden kidnapped Oggie Pryor in an attempt to lure out Prince Natasha. During the rescue, it was revealed that Ricardo was actually a Strix, puppeting the body of Jacob Blackburn. Natasha Arroyo, Moira Reverie, and Johnny Reines successfully rescued Oggie Pryor, but not before his death. Oggie was embraced by the Prince, and Blackburn was killed in the event.
Investigating Red Hook Coterie
- Arthur Wayland accompanied by Nuria Crossler speak to the Red Hook crew.
- During the course of discussions it becomes apparent that Luca has had dealings with the Strix and is further interrogated with the dominate Discipline.
- Luca had several meetings with "The Teacher" the intent of these meetings was to forge an ongoing relationship and to trade favors for knowledge and secrets, without the rest of the Red Hook crew knowing or otherwise being involved.
- They used Obfuscate to make Jacob Blackburn appear dead during the North Brother Island attack.
- They then provided Jacob Blackburn body to the Strix.
- This Strix is the same one that then possessed Jacob Blackburn, and is now destroyed. This was determined by a 6 week wait with no further interaction with Luca.
- Luca was executed by Jessie Carlisle.
The Team So Far
Count Me In
- To be scheduled.
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- 20th August, 2022: Here's to never growing up
- 3rd September, 2022: Trouble In Jersey - The Scene of the Crime
- 21st September, 2022: Visiting Temporo
- 6th October, 2022: Summoned to the Black Lounge
- How do I engage this plot?: Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.