Note: This plot is intended for the Geist sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Geist and Ghostly Inclined characters.
A strange symbol is beginning to pop up in seemingly unrelated cases, surrounding death, murder, suicide and even the grave.
Plot Details So Far
- In February of 2020, Zachariah Talbot exhumed two bodies, that of Bethany and Tracy Turner. Sisters who died in a car accident together. Inside of their caskets their dead bodies seemed to have carved The Symbol into the lid.
- In May of 2020, Riley Murphy came across crime scene evidence of the Genovese Family where a small street gang of four men seem to have ritualistically committed group suicide. The Symbol was on the wall behind them.
- In February of 2021 Francis Delaney was murdered. It was discovered during The Man Fortune, that he had become a serial killer, obsessed with The Symbol, until finally he was murdered by sacrificing the bones of the wrong ghost.
- June 2021 September Mace conveys to Vivienne "Vi" Venturi that Akasha Ravi has the undecaying head of Riley Murphy in her possession. Not only is it refusing to rot, but it's whispering unintelligible words. She also showed Vi a place where animals had come, laid down and died in front of a symbol that formed from cracks in the wall at an old factory.
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what? If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.
Count Me In
- Scheduling Soon