The Oracle's Augury
- ST'd by JJ
Note: This plot is intended for the Changeling sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Changeling and Fae-Touched characters.
Whispers talk of a rebel group known only as the Black Arcana, a group of Changelings who momentarily overthrew their master, The Oracle, and escaped en masse. With this, the Gentry has swelled with new Loyalists, known simply as the ‘Diviners’ or sometimes whispered as ‘Seraphs’. Their main goal is to return the Black Arcana to their Master, and destroy or capture whomever gets in their way.
Plot Details So Far
- Word spreads quickly around the Freehold that Chung Se-Yoon is dead after an attack from the Diviners. It's believed he was harboring a member of the Black Arcana, but which they can not say. The Black Arcana member was taken by Loyalists, though whether or not they were dead or alive is uncertain. It's later revealed the member was the Three of Wands.
- Oliver Jones dies at the hands of The Fool, one of The Oracle's Loyalists. The body is taken to the Serenity Funeral Home where it's dropped off with a threat This too would be their fate if they did not return home. If they did not bring the Queen to justice for her crimes.. And attacked Spring Monarch Payton Verhasselt.
- Sun-Wu Renli responded to the call of the High Queen of Summer for more scouts and patrols, putting together a defensive strategy to help protect the Freehold's borders and potentially push back the Oracle's forces.
- During a study of Oliver's body, Sun-Wu Renli, Jack Kears, and Dorian Aria found it filled with Omen Seeds, which rapidly overtook Bannerman Castle.
- Phoebe Lawson, Mr. Weeper, Briar Rose, and Michael Sanabria are setting out into the hedge to find a new Heretic Seed. There is said to be one for each realm.
- Meanwhile Cole Soleil, Dorian Aria, Sun-Wu Renli, and Revel Black were joining in with Summer's efforts to strike back at the Diviners.
- The Diviners do not have a schedule, they are wildly searching for any signs of Lost, though mostly they are after the Queen of Swords. They happened across Oliver through a stroke of luck, but followed him to a few known freehold locations. These are being watched now: The Serenity Funeral Home and Midnight Circus. (Maebh)
- The Black Arcana member who was taken was The Three of Wands, or her real name was Clarissa Grant. (Maebh)
Count Me In
Up In Arms
Working From The Shadows
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- We Choose War
- The Death Of Oliver Jones
- An Unintended Burial
- Building Some Offense
- A View of the Queen
- A Family Reading
- Into The Mind Of 2P
How to Get Involved!
- Add yourself to the list, this plot is wide open to the entire venue.
- Head to the Wanted Board and see if any players currently involved can bring you in.
- Check out your own skills and open a ticket for the STs with ways you think you could get involved.
- This plot is now restricted to invite only by players involved or the ST.
- This plot is no longer taking on new players.
How to Utilize this Plot Page
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Please review if the plot is open, and how to get involved. If you are already involved, please reference the list of other characters involved in the plot.
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.