The ever-popular socialite know as Katrina Volusia that has dominated all of the gossip rags for the last six months has suddenly become utterly reclusive. Even her close friends claim that while they've heard from her, they haven't been invited over, nor has she accepted any of their (many) invitations.
From her profile in Iconic magazine, a self-congratulatory rag that covers the affairs of New York socialites:
Katrina Volusia is the daughter of celebrated Broadway costume designer Magda Volusia, who immigrated from Poland as a young seamstress, and met Joseph Volusia, a carpenter and, eventually, set designer.
Together, the pair took Off-Broadway by storm with their eye-catching and unconventional scenery and wardrobes, and became highly sought after, ascending the ranks into the upper echelon of New York's theatrical society.
Though only 20 years old, Katrina has long been considered a rising starlet, having starred in several Off and On-Broadway productions, beginning as a child with turns as Matilda in Matilda and Young Cosette in Les Mes, and several appearances on Law & Order.
Despite her serious and growing acting credentials, it's her ubiquitous presence as a socialite on the scene for which she mostly seems to be known for. Thus far, she's eschewed scandals, other than the occasional bikini photograph or sip of a beer posted to someone's Instagram, but what's certain: if it's the place to be, she's there.
Except the past few weeks, and it's all the more curious as this is the publication month of her Iconic cover feature.
Count Me In
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.