Note: This plot is intended for the Mortal sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Mortal characters.
A brutal attack in the Bronx left an elderly woman with sixteen stab wounds. However the more disturbing fact was the several large bites taken out of the woman's neck and face by her attacker. Police captured the attacker a few blocks away crumpled in an alleyway. The suspect claims to have no memory of the attack or what he did to the victim. What could have caused this horrific attack? Why did the man do this?
Plot Details So Far
- Robert "Bob" Halloway, Hilja Vivek, and Fatimeh Nezami confronted The Maw, who had possessed a man and was using him to attack others. They managed to exercise the spirit and drive it out of the man. However they lost The Maw.
- Fatimeh Nezami, Hija Vivek, Robert "Bob" Halloway hunted The Maw to the site of his burial on Hart Island where they were able to trap and destroy the murderous spirit, freeing the people of New York from his murderous attacks.
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.
- A reddit user under HiljasGhost2001 has posted asking if anyone knows about the recent attack and she has info about it.
- An Occult shop in Brooklyn, Justin Thyme, has a new macabre display dedicated to history repeating itself. There is detailed, verifiable historic information about a strange series of murders that took place in a specific Bronx neighborhood. Each time a person had clearly attacked someone, attempted to cannibalize them and then afterwards claimed no memory of the attack. These events happened every ten to fifteen years between 1870 - 1940.
- John George was a deeply religious man who lived in New York city in the 1850s. However after loosing his children to an outbreak of Consumption, John George had a mental break. In a fight with his wife he killed her with a butcher knife from their kitchen, and then proceeded to ear her body. He would then go on to kill and eat six more people over the next three months, each murder more brutal than the last. He was eventually caught after a victim escaped him, and he was sentenced to death by hanging. He was put to death on June 23rd 1872 and was buried in an unmarked grave on Hart Island. The story of his grisly murders kept him going as a Ghost for nearly three decades. However over time the stories of this gruesome ghost began to fade away. Most in the medium community assumed that The Maw has he had come to be known had passed on.
- Bane: The Rib Bone of a Human, coated in the cremation ashes from the same person can destroy The Maw.