The Bale Hound's Agenda
Note: This plot is intended for the Werewolf sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Werewolf and Wolf-Blooded characters.
- Veronica Zaruto, a Bale Hound, cornered one of the People during the Broken Skyline investigation and warned them, in so many words, to back off.
- The Bale Hound murdered a mortal that Max Graham and Fenton Haywood tried to get information out of about Zaruto's local interests.
- There is some evidence that Zaruto is interested in a Bloodstone that would grant some kind of control over Helions.
- More than thirty Bale Hounds reside in Ossining, primarily at or around Sing Sing Maximum Security Prison. Zaruto is one of their scouts.
- Shin Ishihara has been revealed to have been at least a Bale Hound ally, if not a Bale Hound himself, and has fled the city.
- Alice Hale: Veronica made a deal with Electroshock to acquire information on the location of a Bloodstone
- Alice Hale: Bloodstone is a powerful talen that has powerful effect on Helions within 100 yds x Spirit Rank of the person or entity activating it
- Alice Hale and Elizabeth Sage: It is rumored that the first Bloodstone was crafted, and used, by a Secondborn. Possibly Gurfuros, or Ortuz-Ur.
- Fenton Haywood: The waitress that works at the diner that Veronica frequents, Rosalina, possesses a spirit familiar she is unable to see. It is a hutia spirit that is known as Chancla. Fenton has made an arrangement with the spirit for Chancla to report back to Fenton if it sees Veronica, another werewolf, or the powerful, dark spirit that Chancla says it has felt accompanying her.
- Chancla: Veronica has been seen with a large, older werewolf and a powerful, dark spirit. She has been bribing Chancla with Essence as well, but Chancla was unaware that she was aligned with the Mael'jin until Fenton explained the situation. Rosalina was murdered by Veronica, and Chancla has joined the Hunt out of a sense of revenge.
- Shin Ishihara met with Ian Hale, Scarlett O'Rinn, and Alice Hale and informed them of the previous glimpses into Sing Sing.
- They've been successful with drone surveillance, infiltration (urugarum as employees and in one case a prisoner.
- They've been able to collect aerial footage, cross-reference facial recognition and over time, get a sense of how many Bale Hounds are in Sing Sing, where they congregate and a big picture sense of their movements.
- The Asah Gadar run Sing Sing like a criminal empire. Some work in the prison, some are imprisoned there, although imprisonment is, of course, a farce. They slip into the Hisil and come and go as they please, and their compatriot Bale Hounds who are guards cover for them. A small number live in Ossining itself, and act as scouts. Veronica Zaruto is one of these.
- Because of the tightly closed loop of their communication, we have little way of knowing their intentions, and little way of penetrating the area without being detected. Detection means being swarmed by superior numbers, and also risking Herd awareness. Exposing that communication loop is the biggest priority.
- The resonance of the Wound itself is Wrath.
- Dossier Alice Hale acquires from Shin Ishihara
- Three scouts involved in Sing Sing Wound are Veronica Zaruto, Diego Ferreira, and Stirling Martin.
- Stirling Marting: Stirling has a fairly long rap sheet for a variety of crimes he has definitely committed, and the fact that they live so close to a prison that at least one of them should by rights be imprisoned in is maybe a testament to how much control the Bale Hounds have over Ossining.
- Their primary obligations consist of maintaining a perimeter of security around the part of Ossining that holds the prison, leaving Ossining when such is required, and on very rare occasion, acting as the conduit by which new recruits are brought into the fold.
- Operationally, this is probably the biggest vulnerability in the closed communication loop that the Bale Hounds use.
- Butch Mitchem has been receiving visions:
- The skyline of New York is dark, and a light starts to shine over it from the North. It gets brighter and brighter until it feels like the sun's intensity multiplied by a hundred fold. The sky is orange. The Sun and the Moon share the sky at the same time until the Moon eclipses the Sun, and is then burnt to cinders that fall on the city below like dark, dry rain.
- Butch Mitchem has encountered and fought Helions and has confirmed that there are Helions working with the Bale Hounds.
- Raymond Massey has uncovered that a Maeltinet has sought to Ride, and potentially Claim, a subway worker.
- Sierra Roen has uncovered another Bale Hound, potentially Irraka, operating within the city.
- It seems that the Bale Hounds are seeking to temper certain locations to affect their Resonance, likely to coincide with the solar event in Butch's prophecy. The known locations are: the diner where Veronica Zaruto was encountered, the Lucky Cat Diner where Butch fought the Helions, and the Red Library.
- Fenton Haywood, Raymond Massey, and Zoe St. Clair Investigated the Subway energy source lead they got from Ben.
- They discovered the Maeltinet riding a man and working on drafts for the power cell, making mechanical engineering revisions to them by hand, notes that will inform the next iteration of the prototype that involves amplifying its internal magnification with a series of mirrors.
- Is this related to "If you want to know if your fucking magic mirror bullshit will work, go ahead and kill me, see if that gets you there."?
- They were able to secure the drafts.
- They were able to confirm that the Maeltinet has a wrathful nature from the Sing Sing wound. Despite their best efforts the Maeltinet escaped.
- Razvan Costea
- Most of Shin's assets were tied up in businesses that never fully recovered from the recession. It was probably Iminir stubbornness that prohibited him from ever letting on, as well as his stature in the community, but at least two of the businesses he was heavily invested in were floundering, and his own company had quietly filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy several years prior. That's what the rumors say; this might have had something to do with why/how he was sucked into the Bale Hounds.
- Raymond Massey, Zoe St. Clair, Lena Navarre, Elizabeth Sage, and Chance Cunningham investigated the power cell blueprints discovering the following.
- The bloodstone is essentially a nuclear weapon, housing the shards of multiple Helions, that were stored there by the Second Born.
- The concern is largely about what will happen when those old Helions are restored through the use of the bloodstone.
- That the blueprints for the Power Cell is likely meant to be powered via the bloodstone/shards within
- That the solar event that all the recent happenings have hinted at is likely Perihelion, which is when the Earth is closest to the Sun, on January 4th 2022.
- There are more than the 30 Balehounds Shin told them about.
- The bloodstone is stored either inside or underground, possibly at the prison?
- Butch Mitchem, Lena Navarre, Fenton Haywood, and Elizabeth Sage investigated the Lucky Cat Diner.
- The diner seems to have a strong solar resonance as the inside natural light seemed amplified and the place was bursting with Essence as the diner hosts a powerful locus.
- The allied Helion, Flareball, admitted that other Helions have been working with outside sources to amplify the power of the locus and come by the check on it often.
- They identified a man named Jacob Pluck who possesses the ability to identify werewolves, but is not Wolf-Blooded. He claims to have been forced into working for the Bale Hounds, showing the group pictures of Veronica and the Brute Werewolf, but he did not know their names, but that he should be watching for them. He did mention an unknown Bale Hound by the name of Adir who seems to be his contact.
- He said he brought a tea for the server, Anna, who had been ill previously, but upon drinking the tea made a miraculous recovery. Anna is reported to have cancer and the tea keeps her healthy.
- Fenton bit Jake, and Butch sampled his blood, giving them the ability to track him for the next lunar month.
- Red Library:
- Fenton and Zoe found some financial documentation envelopes that come from a Credit Union in Sing Sing.
- Anna (Razvan) discovered that at least one of the Floor Managers has Sing Sing Bale Hound Allies, and they both had NY Correctional allies, and that high turnover is a staff issue, as people seem to come and go quite quickly. Apparently due to "Security concerns".
- Lena kept the floor manager suitably distracted, could probably even get away with coming back here.
- Ray found a Wolf-Blooded that didn't seem like she wanted to be there to begin with, and whammied him with her Exciting Tell when he scared the bonanza out of her.
- There is a locus with the GREED resonance - potent
- Kyler Caulfield-Brooks, Lena Navarre, Ash Freimuth, and Aaron Halifax investigated the Zaruto's Diner.
- Kyler discovered a Locus in the kitchen at the diner that was hemorrhaging essence. Lena and Kyler crossed over to investigate the locus and found root-type things that were like some kind of vortex feeding the Locus...making it potent. They didn't seem to be pumping the essence in from anywhere, but there was a lot of essence.
- Lena saw something, but she didn't have a word for it so she and Kyler went to Penumbra Hall to try to figure it out. After some digging, Lena found a name for what she saw -- Ley Lines. Kyler knew something of Ley Lines, but only the basic stuff you can find on Wikepedia. Lena thinks maybe all the locations in question might have a Locus like this and they could all be tied together.
- Razvan Costea has persuaded an ally to take a position at the Red Library, to learn more info.
- Sierra Roen and Raymond Massey took down the Bale Hound known as 'The Brute'. In doing so he confessed "You're all going to burn. Burn. Burn. This whole city will burn. And then it will be ours. We've done it b'fore and we'll do it again, and now here. Burn, Urdaga." A new clue to our research team for what the goals of the Bale Hounds might be.
- Raymond Massey researched for a few straight days and nights and finally brings a shitty printed picture of the Great Fire of Rome, tacking it to the wall, adding "YEAH. THAT FIRE. - RAY"
- There is no mention of a Bloodstone being used in 64 AD.
- The Asah Gadar took Rome for their own after the fire, which burned 10 days and destroyed two-thirds of the city's physical structures.
- The ley lines were shifted to a shape that's similar to the one being shaped in NYC, with the same hemorrhaging Loci.
Tasks At Hand
Please tag your character here for the tasks that you/they are interested in working on.
- Mapping Out the Ley Lines
- Manipulating the Resonance of the Ley Lines, or Deactivating Them Entirely
- Investigate the Bale Hounds Within the Police Department and Government
- Investigate the Bale Hounds' Bank Accounts
- Investigating the Bloodstone and the Helions ✓
- Researching the Solar Power Cells and Mirrors/Solar Event ✓
- Investigating Zaruto's Diner ✓
- Investigating the Lucky Cat Diner ✓
- Investigating the Red Library ✓
- Investigating the Subway ✓
- Scouting Sing Sing ✓
- See the Calendar
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- 20th June, 2021: Where Trains Come From
- 3rd July, 2021: The Bale Hound's Agenda: Dancing Lunies
- 4th July, 2021: The Bale Hound's Agenda: Researching the Bloodstone
- 5th July, 2021: The Bale Hound's Agenda:Grabbing a Bite at The Lucky Cat
- 6th July, 2021: The Bale Hound's Agenda:Investigating the Red Library
- 10th July, 2021: The Root of the Problem
- 24th July, 2021: The Iron Hunt
- 25th July, 2021: Mapping the Ley Lines
- 26th July, 2021: Planning a Reverse Jailbreak
- 31st July, 2021: Killing the Brute
- 31st July, 2021: Exciting Prey
- 31st July, 2021: Pure Leverage
- 11th August, 2021: Diplomacy with the Pure
- 22nd August, 2021: Investigating Sing Sing
- 22nd August, 2021: Underneath Washington Square Park
- 23rd August, 2021: Trapped in the Wound
- 31st August, 2021: Catching Up to Go Back to the Red Library
- 13th September, 2021: So About the Pure
- How do I engage this plot?: Read the IC Rumors for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what? If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Reach out to out others who have opted into the plot. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.