- ST'd by JJ
Note: This plot is intended for the Changeling sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Changeling and Fae-Touched characters.
- This plot will have mystery and occult, and not a lot of fighting.
Jack heads back to the Goblin Market in an attempt to work off some debt. But a mysterious request leads to a world of trouble.
Plot Details So Far
- Rhusan, a hobgoblin who works the markets is trying to sort out "What the absolute fuck" Grorde is up to. He's taking payments in bones, and not just any but specifically Cukka Horn bones. Jack has never seen one of these before but he's run across drawings in books. They're massive bog creatures with horns along their spines that mimic fallen trees in quagmires. Rhusan says if Jack can sort out this mystery, he'll wipe his debt clean of a few points. All of the points if he can get him some Cukka Horn bones.
- Jack and Revel investigated the rumors and met Grorde and Grolly, a hobgoblin couple, in their bog home. Grolly revealed herself to be a seer (though her husband does not believe her) and had predicted Jack and Revel's visit. She stated that the Horns boosted the power of divination, but only minimally. However, she believes to be important to a great event coming. She shares vials with Jack and Revel that contain a vision Grolly experienced.
Later one, Jack and Revel imbibed the vials and experienced the following vision:
Drip drip drip
The ceiling above them is leaking, a steady stream of cold water. Outside the wind is howling wildly and as they get out of bed some bit of wild debris passes through their window, causing the barrier between the comfort of their home and the storm to break. The storm whips through their room, knocking down their things, stirring up their belongings, and sending a torrent of wet cold air up against them. It's violent and shocking. Outside, New York City is being thrashed upon by the gusts and parts of the building are already being blown away. But what's more, the pieces below that, look... almost like the Hedge. Like the storm has split apart the veil of here and there itself. Broken down magic walls. Blown away the illusion.
A fat bolt of lightning cuts across their vision and the proceeding thunder rumbles the building they're in so hard it feels like an earthquake. The ground upheaves and cracks, slowly ripping and falling away and drifting... into space. It made no sense, but away it went.
And then they woke.
- Briar, Cole, and Dorian were besieged by an unnatural storm in Central Park. It began with unseasonable cold, heralding in ominous clouds where a strange clawing and ripping noise emanated from somewhere above before it was overshadowed by gale-force winds, a torrential downpour of rain, and lightning strikes that scorched the park mercilessly.
And if that wasn't bizarre enough, it seemed something tore through the fabric of reality itself to create a Hedge Gate, emanating the same drone of electricity before they were confronted with another Dorian that was identical to the original.
Before they could get to the bottom of the mystery though, Doppleganger Dorian was ripped asunder before their very eyes by the storm and carried away. Briar swore she sensed so many supernatural creatures during the storm but wasn't able to make out anything else.
Count Me In
Past Scenes / RP Logs
How to Get Involved!
- Add yourself to the list, this plot is open to max 5.
- Head to the Wanted Board and see if any players currently involved can bring you in.
- Check out your own skills and open a ticket for the STs with ways you think you could get involved.
- This plot is now restricted to invite only by players involved or the ST.
- This plot is no longer taking on new players.
How to Utilize this Plot Page
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Please review if the plot is open, and how to get involved. If you are already involved, please reference the list of other characters involved in the plot.
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.