— Saoirse Hobfriend
A young Irish woman of slim and near-lanky build; at five feet and seven inches she is taller than average. Saoirse’s looks are striking, in a way imparting a certain pleasantness; kind-faced, benignant and comely. Her face is round, with a wide forehead and spaced eyes. Her hair is kept long, roughly below her shoulder-blades, and though naturally dark brown she presently has it stricken with highlights giving a tapered light brown look with the darker brown lingering at the roots. Her eyes are a match via their dark brown colour with that of her hair. She is embellished with piercings; at present her septum and her right nostril, as well as both ears in a few places, are decorated. Her nails are always long and a pointed – this looks at first like acrylics, but closer examination reveals natural growth. She typically presents herself with makeup applied, darker colours, nothing subtle and nothing overt. Her taste in fashion leans towards dresses and long skirts and the colours black and dark green are her usual choices, a thrift-chop connoisseur that leans towards dark shades.
Her voice carries a deeper pitch and she is clear spoken. Saoirse’s accent is Irish, particularly the sing-song accent of Cork for those who have an ear for it. Her temperament is caring and polite, displaying herself as a warm person, though distracted and Geminiesque, flipping to aloof or spiteful, depending.
Saoirse’s eyes blacken; the sclera quite literally become dark black while the iris takes on a grey-black colour, able to be made out, but collectively making her eyes unnaturally dark. Her ears change, here lengthening into a long and pointy elfin quality and, like her ears, her fingers elongate. Each digit is unnervingly stretched, with an eerily dexterous peculiarity. Her lengthened nails become more obviously claw-like, naturally black, long, and sharp, tapering into a hard points. Saorise occasionally trims them and colours them, though even so, their beastly nature breaks through in short order. Each hand has turned an ashen colour, the skin from roughly the knuckles to each fingertip this off pale-grey. Blotches of ink scatter across each hand and wrists, never permanent, always slowly appearing, slowly fading, as if fresh stains, an imperceptible change but an ever present splatter on both hands.
Though possessing an elfin quality that compliments what is a natural comeliness, Saoirse’s being begins to more readily mimic the Huldufólk, as a synonym of the elf but different; hers are the Domovoy, the Brownies. She possess the quality of these Hidden Folk, the boon-keeper and curse-maker, the riddle-breaker, the hands of a tinkerer and the aura and dark nature of the Gnome.
Blotting ink scribbles indiscernible words, flickering here or there around Saoirse, only to blot out like so many black fireflies, a hexed vibe resonating about this elf-witch. The lingering scent of late Autumn, with winter threatening the horizon, hangs about, while chilled voices, whispers, haunts the air from time to time, but a hint of a voice on the wind.
Rumours & Accomplishments
- She is compiling a massive book called the Hobtionary, which will detail the denizens of the Hedge, to be bequeathed to her Court
- She sometimes accepts trade in the form of a good riddle
- She posses a mask from the Hedge that is actually the broken face of a long lost Keeper
- Her Keeper was Die wylde Jagd
- She stole the Slave Master's key from the Crow Sea Medina
- She possesses a map, obtained in the Hedge during a perilous trip, a map to a hob named Fzfxy
Comrades & Contacts
Glittering points that downward thrust, sparkling spears that never rust.
I drive men and women mad for love of me, easily beaten, never free.
Kings and queens may cling to power and the jester’s got his call, but, as you may all discover, the common one outranks them all.
All about, but cannot be seen, can be captured, cannot be held, no throat, but can be heard.
Public Memory – Midsummer ShadowPlay me Clann – UnseeliePlay me Chelsea Wolfe - Carrion FlowersPlay me
- Noelle and the Oddballs on 25th September
- Learning to Smile on 25th September
- Stepping on Ants on 28th September
- Court Meeting I on 2nd October
- The Headless Horseman's Feelings on 3rd October
- Two Clowns and a Cannibal on 4th October
- A Trade for Lamb Stew on 5th October
- See Saw Margery Daw on 11th October
- Tea and Truffles on 12th October
- Planning an Adventure on 13th October
- The Darkling and the Wizened on 16th October
- The Wheels on the Bus on 19th October
- Electric Hob Boogy on 27th October
- Visiting the Crow Market on 2nd November
- Gregor's Birthday on 2nd November
- Madness to the Method on 8th November
- Fruit for Friendship on 25th November