|Russell "Rusty" Murphy|
|Birthdate||February 15, 1990|
|Concept||Small town bartender|
|Played By||Jensen Ackles|
Rusty is a sometimes tired-looking thirty-something. Blonde-haired, green-eyed, and tanned enough that you know he spends time outside. You can typically find him wearing plaid shirts, some beaten-up-looking outdoor boots and whatever jeans he decided were clean enough to wear. It's almost always 5 0'clock somewhere given the shadow on his face.
Rusty is known to be pretty affable, even if his expression doesn't always convey that. He just has one of those faces that people like to confide in, regardless of whether he actually wants them to.
Public Effects: Striking Looks - Rugged (1), Closed Book (1), Status - Local (1), Allies - Local Outcasts (2), Empath
The Murphy family have been a fixture in Grey County since the first Irish settlers made their ways into the hills of southern Appalachia. They have been homesteaders, woodsmen, moonshiners, and nearly everything in between. The Murphy family farm has been poised atop the mountains north of Jericho.... yadda yadda yadda. If you want the whole thing, you should ask his dad.
Rusty is in the awkward position having to serve his distant dad a drink regularly. Made even worse that his ex also decides to come drink at the same bar because well... most people do at some point. At least he has one of his best friends Johnny to somehow make this all seem more straight forward, even if he is the town weirdo.
Rusty is no stranger to personal tragedy, with his older brother ending his own life a few decades ago, and his mom dying after a mugging incident where the culprit was never caught. His dad wasn't the same after his brother died, and became even worse after losing his wife. Not long after that, Rusty and his childhood sweetheart separated. Some days its hard to know who the town should feel sorry for - Colt, or Rusty. Both, if you can spare it.
Friendly Ear to Drown Your Sorrows (ALL): Occupational hazard is that sometimes a bartender is privy to all sorts of things, and technically is paid to stand there and listen to your woes, so long as you keep ordering. You'll probably find him at The Schooner Bar & Grill, and a mandatory ear to listen to you.
Group Therapy (ALL): When Rusty can be bothered, he sometimes shows up to the local group therapy. He's known for keeping his cards close to his chest, however, and doesn't like to share all that much given everybody seems to know his business anyway.
No Stranger to Misfits (ALL): Rusty is used to being around outcasts, drunks, or people down on their luck who struggle to fit in. He knows how that feels. Maybe you can feel a little less lonely for just a while.
Gooey Center (ALL): Some speculate it's because of his own loss as a teenager, and constant exposure to sad drunks that means he has a real soft spot for younger adults who can have much better lives than he did, and more motivation to help them than himself.
Luxidine's Newest (MORTAL): Rusty recently got a job as a part-time janitor at the Luxidine facility. He seems almost surprised, given he never thought he interviewed well. Seems he must have...
Colt Murphy - Dad. It's complicated.
Jamie Murphy - Wife, then ex, then wife again. It's complicated, and also none of your business anymore.
Johnny Stockel - Best Friend. Less complicated. Vanishes a lot, but damned if he wasn't the sweetest kid.
Travis Martinez - Friend, coworker, and a concern from time to time.
Deputy Angel Cleary - Sometimes I think I'm the closest to a friend he has.
Aya Bishop - Pretty famous novelist staying with me while she's in town, and while her book's aren't my thing, a lot of people read them.
Arlene Kinsey - A good kid who always knows what she wants.
- 20th June, 2023: Tension at the Schooner
- 20th June, 2023: Sitting on the Pier
- 20th June, 2023: Lost Your Keys?
- 20th June, 2023: Booth Rats
- 20th June, 2023: Alcohol and Angels
- 20th June, 2023: The absent few
- 21st June, 2023: A Night Out to a Night In to a Night Out Again
- 23rd June, 2023: The Hootenanny
- 24th June, 2023: This is Cleary a problem
- 28th June, 2023: The Job Fair
- 28th June, 2023: Rusty's Interview
- 28th June, 2023: I Was Celebrating, I Think
- 28th June, 2023: Drag the Waters
- 30th June, 2023: Can Kickin'
- 2nd July, 2023: Sleepy in the sleepy bar
- 2nd July, 2023: Make Sure You're Okay
- 5th July, 2023: 4th of July - On The Roof
- 6th July, 2023: I'll Lock Up Before I Go
- 6th July, 2023: 4th of July - In the Backyard
- 13th July, 2023: You Say It Best
- 13th July, 2023: Paper Trail
- 15th July, 2023: Welcome to The Program
- 15th July, 2023: Been Doin' Okay
- 16th July, 2023: Guys on the Inside
- 16th July, 2023: Life is busy, so here's a puppy
- 18th July, 2023: Blue Water Escape
- 18th July, 2023: Talk About the Envelope
- 24th July, 2023: Lucky Shot
- 24th July, 2023: Jericho Fight Club
- 25th July, 2023: Missing: Tilly June
- 27th July, 2023: A Fall Like That Could Have Killed You
- 28th July, 2023: Are You Hungry?
- 30th July, 2023: Stay For Family
- 31st July, 2023: Movie Night at Channing Farm
- 31st July, 2023: A Reverse Housecall
- 2nd August, 2023: Car Trouble
- 2nd August, 2023: The Program: Mission One
- 10th August, 2023: It's Not About Us
- 11th August, 2023: Rusty meets with Taurus
- 17th August, 2023: Different Aspirations
- 17th August, 2023: First Date All Over Again
- 19th August, 2023: The Program: Mission Two
- 22nd August, 2023: The Callan Incident
- 22nd August, 2023: I Would Never Leave You
- 24th August, 2023: You Can't Go Back
- 28th August, 2023: The House Visit
- 28th August, 2023: I love you, buddy
- 28th August, 2023: Not Grabbed by Bigfoot
- 30th August, 2023: Wish it were more straightforward
- 30th August, 2023: Unofficial Welcoming Party
- 1st September, 2023: Boring is Good
- 1st September, 2023: A Little TLC
- 3rd September, 2023: The Duat Protocol
- 3rd September, 2023: Gods and Monsters
- 8th September, 2023: The Meet Up
- 14th September, 2023: The new Sheriff is a real downer