Note: This plot is intended for the Vampire sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Kindred and Ghoul characters.
A young promising Scourge under the command of Sheriff Dazai is unable to retain vitae after the hunt of a trespassing neonate.
Plot Details So Far
- Caroline Banks called Sheriff Dazai to The Iroquois Hotel to explain his current predicament. After Mab's orders to hunt and kill a trespassing neonate, one of the Scourges Amy Powell, on Dazai's team began to show strange symptoms of being unable to retain vitae. While she is in quarantine, her days are numbered.
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.
- Quinn Martin: "Garrett Wallace (AKA Brian Lowe) first paid for a hotel room on April 14. He's moved around: Starting in the Bronx, moving to Long Island for a short time, then back to the Bronx (in Castle Hill). Otherwise, Wallace/Lowe stayed off the grid, staying in places he can lay low; No car and no purchases outside of housing. Recently, he was squatting in the York Studios, near Soundview Park, cleared by the Sheriff.
Wallace/Lowe show signs of being in a rush; they were poor at covering their tracks, but still lived off the grid. Wallace/Lowe claimed to be an Invictus Gangrel. I can confirm there is no member of the Invictus by either alias. Evidence shows he settled in Providence for quite some time before traveling to NYC along the coast.
Banshee has already assembled a crew for investigating Soundview Park. If the Court has any connections to the kindred of Providence, I recommend we reach out to see if they have any familiarity with this issue."
- Banshee's Note. Eris and Quinn receive word that a message was left for each of them at the Iroquois Hotel. At arrival, they are handed a sealed envelope addressed to 'Ms. Voltaire' and 'Mr. Martin', respectively. Inside, a handwritten note in striking calligraphy reads: "After careful examination, Doctor D. has found a working treatment for Ms. P. She is no longer at risk but remains in quarantine until the Doctor finds a cure." The message is signed with a stylized left eye shedding a tear.
- Dr Dupree's Note After some testing and experimentation, some discoveries have been made, and some progress in discovering the nature of the situation afflicting the Scourge. In order to continuing advancement I will need the help of someone capable of digging through large amounts of encrypted data in the New York medical database.
Count Me In
- Scheduling Soon