From Dark City
- ST'd by JJ
Note: This plot is intended for Crossover. Anyone from any splat may get involved, but please note, I will be running the different 'groups' separately. See what I mean for groups below, they may contain multiple splats. They may change as time goes on. You may eventually be part of multiple groups.
One way or another, you've been asked to find a collection musical sheet notes. The pages themselves are rumored to be well sought after and dangerous. There are said to be 7 pages in total but if this is true or not, who knows?
Plot Details So Far
NOTE: If you wish for plot details to be shared only within your group, add them to your group. If you wish for anyone involved to know, please add to IC rumors.
Pages 1 & 2 (Group 1)
- Bernard Laskowski has requested the aid of a few Changelings within the city to return these pages to the Freehold.
- Sun-Wu Renli and Canary Quill take up the call. Bernard explains the lost musical pages belonged to the Freehold once upon a time and they'd like to get them back. They're currently in possession by a man named Victor Groff, who very recently purchased them on the black market for a large sum.
- Sun-Wu Renli learned from their contacts in the Black Hand and own research that the pages are part of a lost collection rumored to be 9 in total, and that they're cursed. Whomever gets them loses them shortly there after, via misfortune or death. While unsure why they're so popular, occultists in the group suggest the pages have power.
- He also learned through his connection to Autumn that while the pages were lost from the Freehold's collection, they are not fae in nature, but something called a Bygone.
- Sun-Wu Renli and Jack Kears spied on Victor Groff, who spotted them and took off.
- Jack Kears tailed Groff, who turned out to be one of the Lost, and uncovered that the man is a privateer based out of Staten Island for the moment, actually a resident of Canada. Groff is also an acclaimed pianist who often finds captives through offering lessons and taking promising candidates to the markets to sell.
- Jack Kears uncovered the motel room that Groff another Lost associate of his, a woman with magic that allows her to turn into a dog that often travels with Groff, have been operating out of.
- Sun-Wu Renli met with a "mystery woman" who picked up a pen that Groff had dropped, apparently a token that allowed Groff to communicate with his buyers. After a brief communication during which the buyer stated that Groff had promised '5' but could only deliver on '3,' to which the buyer stated that Groff had stated he could provide 'dozens,' they left the buyer with a promise they would deliver on the 'dead drop.' The paper then went up in flames and Renli left with the pen.
- Jack Kears was able to get clear photos of this mystery woman who arrived armed with a gun and knives. She professed some level of association with 'Bernie.'
- Sun-Wu Renli went to investigate the recent incident at Stuyvesant High School and met Sierra Roen and Ruthie Romero at the scene. They took a look around the classroom revealing that an entire class had been taken by Loyalists using the magic from the pages.
- After realizing the Hedge Gate was still open, the group realized a trap had been set by a third party looking for the pages. Ruthie was shot and the sniper subsequently disappeared by Sierra.
- Sun-Wu Renli moved onto the house alone after parting ways with the others; he found a Hollow and the partner of Groff, who he killed. Groff's body was found inside the Hollow, shot, killed, and pulled inside.
- Sun-Wu Renli gathered a group of Lost to venture back to the cabin and potentially secure it. After finding a group of Loyalists present, the Freeholders engaged and fought them in a quick and messy battle, resulting in one Loyalist killed, the others retreating, and the destruction of the cabin. Afterwards Renli recovered the two pages buried by Groff's partner and delivered them to Bernard Laskowski for containment by the Leaden Mirror.
Page 3 (Group 2)
- Ruthie Romero has told Sierra Roen the sheet music page is being held by the famous socialite Portia Colvin.
- Sierra Roen recovered this sheet music page and gave it to Ruthie Romero. Portia Colvin is dead.
Page 4 (Group 3)
- Ruthie Romero has asked Rakesh Baig to investigate a possible sheet of music being used to free - or kidnap - inmates from death row in New Jersey.
Pages 5 & 6 (Group 4)
- Ruthie Romero has told Moira Reverie there are pages being held at an upscale warehouse in Manhattan.
- Moira Reverie and Johnny Reines were able to obtain pages from the Hale Technologies Warehouse.
Page 7 (Group 5)
- Portia Colvin, who was in possession of one of the pages, is now dead.
- Victor Groff, who had originally secured some of the pages, is dead. There is a third party currently working to collect the pages that murdered him, and shot Ruthie Romero.
Count Me In
- Sun-Wu Renli (Group 1)
- Jack Kears (Group 1)
- Sierra Roen (Group 2)
- Ruthie Romero
- Rakesh Baig (Group 3)
- Moira Reverie (Group 4)
- Johnny Reines (Group 4)
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- Fairy Heads
- Lost & Found
- Dear Irving
- Casing A Man
- Portia's Page
- Moira's Pages
- Stuyvesant High
- You Dead?
- Clearing A Cabin
How to Get Involved!
- Add yourself to the list, this plot is wide open to the entire venue.
- Head to the Wanted Board and see if any players currently involved can bring you in.
- Check out your own skills and open a ticket for the STs with ways you think you could get involved.
- This plot is now restricted to invite only by players involved or the ST.
- This plot is no longer taking on new players.
How to Utilize this Plot Page
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Please review if the plot is open, and how to get involved. If you are already involved, please reference the list of other characters involved in the plot.
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.