|A comforting face passing by in the park with a nod. The one who apologises when they bump into someone by accident. A friendly smile as she buys your coffee when you forgot your wallet. A ferry passenger who makes a stranger laugh.
You couldn't tell by looking at her that there is something else that lurks within Maddie. A beast to tame, and the ever-consuming battle of straddling two worlds. The woman, and the wolf. Maddie is different, whether her loved ones like it or not. But her smile has never faded since she Changed, it just has more purpose now.
To some People, Maddie is the most unlikely Uratha, leaving many to wonder if the smiles, hugs and warm encouragement are all an act. Maybe it is, not that many will ever know. The Elodoth somehow manages to balance opening up her heart while keeping the right amount of walls up, allowing you to get to know just enough as she keeps the rest to herself, and all focus and questions turned back on you.
Maddie could be seen almost anywhere, with short gingery brown wavy hair, freckles and blue eyes. Typically wears outdoorsy, practical clothes or cardigans and a grin.
Slender than you'd expect, with gingery-brown fur and looks quick on her feet.
[ edit ]
|Den Mother/Garama (Werewolf only): Maddie has recently been named the city's Garama (or Den Mother to the Blooded) by Ngozi Musa, the former holder of the title. It is an informal title, but if anyone ever needs support, advice, or just an ear to talk to, she is the wolf to go to in a time of need.
Bleeding Heart: Maddie can't help but feel compelled to look out for the strange or the sad. It is easy to tug on her heartstrings, and she rarely denies herself as a friendly ear.
Whether it's how she has always been, or an act despite how her life has turned out, Maddie is the first to comment on how beautiful the sunset is, or admire when the stars are visible in the city sky. Is it naivety, or something more?
Her work with typically chaotic people in her mundane life means Maddie has an immense well of patience, a pretty good trait for a trained therapist. It's when that well runs dry that others should be worried.
Maddie attempts to give back or help others in her spare time, often dedicated with filling her time to help those in need.
Maddie will take any excuse to be outside and loves to be immersed in nature. She has a ton of practical knowledge for the wilderness, as well as a wealth of fun animal or plant facts if given the chance to talk someone's ear off.
[ edit ]
|Use any of these to help setup a scene!
- Odd Hours and Always Out - Maddie keeps to all hours, her work (or rather several jobs) means she can be up at any time, even if it seems strange and inconvenient. What does she do? Eh... many things. Sometimes she may be half asleep on a bench somewhere. Does she ever sleep? Best not to ask, even if she clearly needs to sometimes.
- An Eye For The Troubled - Maddie's good at spotting someone who needs a friendly ear or a shoulder to cry on, or just generally needs a helping hand. She may be unwilling to ever talk about herself but will always be willing to let you talk about you. She also has no qualms with approaching strangers.
- Nature Lover - Maddie loves a stroll, run or general exploring of what outside has to offer. A park is a common place to find her if she's free (yes, at any hour. What does she do again?)
- Galleries, curios and museums - Maddie loves learning and appreciating art, maybe you bump into one another somewhere cultural or educational, or maybe a niche book store or antique shop.
- Are You Going To Finish That? - The woman is always hungry and always carries food on her to share. Maybe you're the lucky person who smelled her delicious baking.
- Beast Talker - Maddie can be friendly with any kind of animal... helps they can understand her and she with them. Want the weirdest (arguably also the best) zoo experience of your life, or just someone to help you with that raccoon that doesn't understand your trash is not their home? Maddie can help!
- Moooom! - You'd think people would be embarrassed by calling someone Mom by accident, but... people are doing it on purpose now. Maybe there's a reason, though it is unclear how the Uratha feels about that. Maddie is always happy to listen and give advice (and food!), plus the Half-Moon Storm Lord seems to relish in hearing your problems and trying to help you fix them. But remember, she won't fix things for you, the Iminir still thinks you need to be strong, even if you just need a little support.
- Prying - The Half-Moon likes to keep on top of every bit of detail. Maddie can sense when a slight thread needs to be tugged and usually likes to pull until it all comes spilling out. Need to get something off your chest? Maddie will find the words for you and has a knack at getting to the heart of things, and only sometimes will you resent her for it.
- Have You Met My Friend? - Maddie tries to watch out for as many Urdaga and Blooded as she can. This means if you are unsure who to speak to about something, Maddie may know the perfect contact for something you're working on to go ask!
[ edit ]
Age: 36 (08 June, 1986)
Occupation: School Counselor, Camp Counselor, Therapist for troubled youth.
Tribe: Storm Lords
Pack: The Trials
Lodge: Lodge of Crows
Informal Title: Den Mother - Garama
Primal Urge 2
Spirit Rank 3
Contacts (Crisis Counselors, Hospital Peer Support Specialists)
Allies (●●): Local Government
Music: Spotify Playlist
[ edit ]
"Wolf Mom Best Mom" - anonymous
"We don't deserve her." - Anonymous
"There are certainly those who have different values to the concept of weakness within our tribe. Her outlook resonates with me. I understand the sort of trials and tribulations that her actions must take, and the strength with which she must conduct herself in daily life to still maintain the kindness she shows others." - Salim Qadir
"Honestly, we joke about her as Wolf Mom, but seriously the title is fitting and as Wolf Mom she's... second only to my mother, and it's a close second." - Sean Sullivan
"She's the strongest Person I know. Kind when it's easier to be cruel, warm when it's easier to be cold. I don't know how she manages it, but I'm grateful she does." - Sam Garguilo
"I don't hate you." - Jҽɳƙσ
"Some say that Skolis-Ur has given you his strength. I think he's holding you back. Either way, there's nobody more dependable to have your back, and no better camping buddy." - Sakura Takahashi
"She's maddeningly nosy and equally secretive, but she's more family to me than my relatives are. I would do anything for her, if only she'd let me." - Alexis Donovan
"She is so damned determined to be a martyr for so many people that it is nearly impossible to keep her alive. I do not know if she knows the words triage, or acceptable casualties. I am doing my best, but it is truly hard to keep up with her bleeding heart. It is a good thing she is on a short list of friends or... I do not have a good end to that sentence. I do not want to lose her." - Salim Qadir
"I know that the motto of her tribe is to not let anyone tend her weaknesses - but the takes it a step further. She teaches anyone who will listen that motto-and empowers them to be better. She's a gift, and I hope that as time progresses, more of the People will take her advice. We will all be stronger for it." - Lena Navarre
[ edit ]
- 1st December, 2021: A Gathering at Death & Co.
- 2nd December, 2021: First Meetings At Last Rites
- 3rd December, 2021: Revelations and Trail Mix
- 5th December, 2021: No Less People
- 6th December, 2021: Maddie, Sean and Estrella at Death & Co
- 7th December, 2021: Warm coffee and warmer smiles
- 7th December, 2021: Bad News, Leads, and Whiskey
- 10th December, 2021: Unlikely Encounters in Central Park
- 10th December, 2021: Planning a Sing Sing Incursion
- 10th December, 2021: Fretting for Lost Pups
- 10th December, 2021: Following the Trail to Ossining
- 28th December, 2021: Hypotheticals and a Heart-To-Heart
- 28th December, 2021: Last Last Rites
- 30th December, 2021: Keep Your Chin Up
- 5th January, 2022: Control and the Fire
- 11th January, 2022: Sing Sing At the Hall
- 11th January, 2022: Sing Sing In The Hisil
- 11th January, 2022: Sing Sing At City Hall Station
- 12th January, 2022: Take me to Church
- 13th January, 2022: Two Kinds of Coping
- 15th January, 2022: (Fallout) Staking Their Claimed: The Capture
- 21st January, 2022: (Fallout) The Exorcism of Sam Garguilo
- 23rd January, 2022: Fallout: Growing Pains (Pt. 1)
- 26th January, 2022: Fallout: Growing Pains (Pt. 2)
- 27th January, 2022: Family Meeting
- 30th January, 2022: Moot on Hart Island
- 30th January, 2022: Tough Love
- 2nd February, 2022: (Fallout) Growing Pains - Pt. 3
- 4th February, 2022: Pure Therapy
- 8th February, 2022: The New Normal
- 20th February, 2022: Last Rites Revival Party
- 25th February, 2022: A Familiar Stranger
- 3rd March, 2022: Greenwich Gang, Assemble!
- 6th March, 2022: Look, Squirrel!
- 7th March, 2022: The Trial of Sam Garguilo
- 9th March, 2022: Sean Joins the Family
- 9th March, 2022: Stakeout
- 11th March, 2022: Trauma at Death and Co
- 16th March, 2022: Stakeout Pt. 2
- 24th March, 2022: A Battle of Wills
- 24th March, 2022: Maddie meets a Midnight Puppy ?
- 26th March, 2022: Moby Duck
- 27th March, 2022: A Midnight Walk
- 28th March, 2022: Lena and the Trials
- 29th March, 2022: Maddie helps Annemieke have a bed!
- 29th March, 2022: Herd-Beard
- 29th March, 2022: Grappling with trauma
- 30th March, 2022: More than a duckling
- 31st March, 2022: Last Rites and surprising firsts
- 1st April, 2022: Respect and cannoli
- 2nd April, 2022: A few pierogies between friends
- 4th April, 2022: Worrying and Walking
- 4th April, 2022: Lex Cop Mads Cop
- 4th April, 2022: Sandwiches with a Storm Lord
- 5th April, 2022: Let Yourself Be Happy
- 6th April, 2022: A life worth fighting for
- 7th April, 2022: Wave Hill Woes
- 8th April, 2022: It's All a Death Sentence
- 8th April, 2022: Morning Dew
- 9th April, 2022: Sad Women Baking
- 9th April, 2022: Drunken Revelations
- 11th April, 2022: Warm Sweater & Loose Threads
- 11th April, 2022: The Shift Economy
- 12th April, 2022: First Light & Other Problems
- 13th April, 2022: A Peculier Evening
- 13th April, 2022: Annemieke learns to cook and cries about Gagey.
- 16th April, 2022: The Inevitability of Honor and Aging
- 16th April, 2022: Young & Old
- 16th April, 2022: (Chariya's Affair) Main Deck Before the Hunt
- 16th April, 2022: (Chariya's Affair) Exploring Pangea
- 19th April, 2022: Impromptu Family Gathering
- 20th April, 2022: Moon Chef
- 25th April, 2022: Indulge In a Lot of What Ifs
- 25th April, 2022: Anne cries and Maddie consoles.
- 26th April, 2022: Elodoth vs. Elodoth
- 28th April, 2022: Baby Steps
- 29th April, 2022: Better Call Mom
- 30th April, 2022: (Un)happy Hour
- 2nd May, 2022: Iminir Advice
- 3rd May, 2022: Mom visits Em at the Hospital
- 3rd May, 2022: Walk With The Animals
- 5th May, 2022: Alleyway Introductions
- 6th May, 2022: The Trials' Trial Trial
- 7th May, 2022: Our Hearts Make Us Stupid
- 7th May, 2022: Nothing You Can Do
- 9th May, 2022: That's My Line
- 10th May, 2022: War and Peacemakers
- 11th May, 2022: Take The Win
- 11th May, 2022: Pick a Name
- 12th May, 2022: Directing a Forest Fire
- 14th May, 2022: They Massacred Our Boy
- 15th May, 2022: You Cant Protect Everyone
- 16th May, 2022: Make You Proud
- 16th May, 2022: Loose Threads
- 17th May, 2022: Texts to Maddie from an Unknown Number
- 18th May, 2022: I'm Going To Worry About You Forever
- 20th May, 2022: Congratulations Aren't In Order
- 24th May, 2022: Wake for a Ghost
- 25th May, 2022: How To Direct A Wildfire
- 26th May, 2022: We'll Find It
- 27th May, 2022: Next Week
- 30th May, 2022: Find Your Place
- 31st May, 2022: A Friendly Parade of Masks
- 31st May, 2022: The Right Course of Action
- 3rd June, 2022: What Have You Gotten Yourself Into
- 4th June, 2022: Sharpening Knives
- 5th June, 2022: What a Delightful Change of Pace
- 6th June, 2022: Not An Ally
- 7th June, 2022: Domestic Dispute
- 8th June, 2022: Hangin' by a Thread
- 9th June, 2022: Bloody Wildcard
- 13th June, 2022: When One Should Heal
- 15th June, 2022: Your an Eledoth, you can figure it out.
- 17th June, 2022: Skipping Stones with Wolves
- 17th June, 2022: Dinner Catchup
- 19th June, 2022: Said Way Too Much
- 20th June, 2022: The Pure, Brownies, and Death & Company
- 20th June, 2022: Ain't No Motivation Like Maddievation
- 20th June, 2022: Noted
- 21st June, 2022: Everytime I Say This, People Look at Me Funny
- 21st June, 2022: I'm Glad You're Here
- 21st June, 2022: All Out of Bribes
- 25th June, 2022: The Trials Are All Shook Up 1
- 29th June, 2022: If We're Lucky
- 3rd July, 2022: Something Worth Keeping Around For
- 7th July, 2022: No Need for Introductions
- 8th July, 2022: Moot at Idlewild
- 8th July, 2022: Just Us
- 9th July, 2022: There's Always A Bigger Fish
- 10th July, 2022: Luck of the Sea Signs up for Forge Alliance
- 10th July, 2022: Gotta Do It Yourself
- 11th July, 2022: More Plates on the Stack
- 12th July, 2022: Running Into New Friends
- 15th July, 2022: Crow Chatter
- 16th July, 2022: Your Problems are My Problems
- 16th July, 2022: It's Not Your Fault
- 16th July, 2022: Feeding the People
- 16th July, 2022: Got Your Back
- 17th July, 2022: Garama on the Green
- 17th July, 2022: Open Skies
- 19th July, 2022: The Black Archives: Swifty
- 19th July, 2022: Schemes, Dreams and Mourning
- 20th July, 2022: She Almost Made Sense
- 22nd July, 2022: Be Careful What You Dig For
- 24th July, 2022: Infiltration and Doubt
- 25th July, 2022: Legal chats with Garama
- 26th July, 2022: Umm... I'm Back...
- 27th July, 2022: Kingmakers in the Queen's Room
- 30th July, 2022: Paper Cups Make Great Helmets
- 31st July, 2022: Things Change
- 31st July, 2022: Stating The Obvious
- 31st July, 2022: Can We Keep Him?
- 1st August, 2022: Forge Alliance
- 1st August, 2022: A-Tisket, A-Tasket
- 1st August, 2022: Law and Order at the Forge
- 3rd August, 2022: Bow Bridge and Bowed Heads
- 3rd August, 2022: Where the Hall Things Are
- 4th August, 2022: Best Girl Sakura
- 9th August, 2022: Settling Old Debts
- 10th August, 2022: We're Home
- 11th August, 2022: (Border Marcher) Team Rat Bag
- 11th August, 2022: Not A Kid
- 11th August, 2022: Queen's Room Therapy
- 16th August, 2022: You Saved Us
- 18th August, 2022: Quiet Conversation Post Surgery
- 18th August, 2022: No Rest For The Wicked
- 20th August, 2022: Buddy System
- 20th August, 2022: It's A Date
- 23rd August, 2022: Moms are good like that
- 23rd August, 2022: Tea and Biscotti
- 23rd August, 2022: Investigating the Stains
- 23rd August, 2022: Lena and Sam Come Back From Prison
- 26th August, 2022: Necessary Risks
- 28th August, 2022: What Comes Next
- 29th August, 2022: Come Back Home
- 29th August, 2022: Storm Lords on the Lowline
- 30th August, 2022: Erasing Ink Stains
- 31st August, 2022: Storm Lords Are Difficult
- 7th September, 2022: Favorite Foods
- 9th September, 2022: Prayers To The Moon: A Walk In The Park (PRP)
- 11th September, 2022: Safe & Sound
- 12th September, 2022: Crows Underground
- 12th September, 2022: Lena's Hunt
- 12th September, 2022: Not A Zero-Sum Game
- 12th September, 2022: Not In The Habit Of Hugs
- 16th September, 2022: Don't Wait Too Long
- 16th September, 2022: Meddling Thoughts
- 17th September, 2022: One Thing At A Time
- 18th September, 2022: What are you Selling?
- 19th September, 2022: Team Rite at the Border Marcher
- 21st September, 2022: We'll Find Them
- 28th September, 2022: We've Come a Long Way
- 3rd October, 2022: Serial Dating 1
- 4th October, 2022: You've Never Been a Coward
- 6th October, 2022: Wounds That Won't Heal
- 6th October, 2022: Kintsugi Heart
- 16th October, 2022: Tastes Like Home
- 22nd October, 2022: A moot about the Anshega
- 25th October, 2022: Don't Get Too Sappy
- 6th November, 2022: Grumpy Reading
- 7th November, 2022: Elodoth Meeting the Pure
- 8th November, 2022: Prayers To The Moon: The Hunt (PRP)
- 8th December, 2022: Welcome Home