|Birthdate||June 21, 2001|
|Concept||Backwoods Conjure Man|
|Played By||Ton Heukels|
Hasil is an All-American boy at first glance though there's something haunted in eyes that some might call 'haint blue'. Were they always that colour? Some would swear they were cornflower blue before he disappeared. He’s tall and painfully thin in recent days, pale despite the unforgiving Appalachian summer, his straw blond hair often tangled and a little wild.
Fame 1: Missing Person
These Roots Run Deep
Born on the Summer Solstice on in the shadow of the Broken Ridge mountains, Hasil’s family have been in Jericho for about as long as anybody can remember though always on the outskirts, never too close to any other folk. His daddy, Ira, was a conjure man, a practitioner of the old ways. Hasil was set to follow in his footsteps, but somewhere along the way, he got lost.
On his 21st birthday, Hasil disappeared along with two friends, Jolene Cleary and Stevie Wiles. A year to the day later and he’s finally back in town, alone.
As a boy, Hasil could often be found in the woods and was at his happiest outdoors. Perhaps you're friends from those days, or maybe you'll run into each other out there sometime soon?
Pray The Devil Down
Hasil was regular in church before his disappearance, usually alongside his father. If you didn't run in the same circles, maybe you prayed in them?
Corn and Quarters
The Hursts were never a wealthy family, and Ira never took payment for his conjure work. Not money, at least. Now back in town, Hasil’s on his ass and while he’s not looking for handouts, he sure does need to find a way to make some kind of a living for himself. It seems there's no power up at the cabin on the edge of town, and Hasil's looking for a job. Need an extra pair of hands for something in exchange for a bit of cash?
Since Ira’s death a little after Hasil’s disappearance, it seems he’s the most experienced conjure man in town. Need some candle magic working, or a hex lifting? Hasil’s your man...
Good Boy Gone Bad?
Hasil kept his head down in high school, went to church like a good boy, and never got in any trouble beyond being caught smoking behind the bike sheds and one embarrassing episode of underage drinking. After school, he never seemed to draw attention either way, just worked a couple of dead-end jobs and got on with life. Since he's been back, he's always a mess, frequently either looking for Henley or hanging out with him, and Deputy Angel Cleary seems to have more than half an eye on him. What's up with that?
- 26th June, 2023: Session 0: Hasil Hurst
- 26th June, 2023: Ritual Reunion
- 26th June, 2023: High Noon at Abbot's Point
- 26th June, 2023: A Story Untold: Part 1
- 28th June, 2023: The Elephant
- 29th June, 2023: You Don't Keep These Hours None, They Keeps You
- 1st July, 2023: Haint nuthin
- 2nd July, 2023: Sleepy in the sleepy bar
- 3rd July, 2023: A Row Of Crows
- 4th July, 2023: A Grave Affair
- 8th July, 2023: A House Call
- 8th July, 2023: Dinner and Discord
- 9th July, 2023: Hurst Huddle
- 9th July, 2023: A Story Untold: Hasil, Part 1
- 9th July, 2023: Of Owls and Opportunities
- 10th July, 2023: Ghost Boy
- 10th July, 2023: Eggos and Espionage
- 11th July, 2023: Comfort in Discomfort
- 11th July, 2023: Let's Get Physical
- 14th July, 2023: Dog Days
- 15th July, 2023: A Way to Sleep
- 17th July, 2023: Riverside Reflections
- 18th July, 2023: Revelations At The Hurst Cabin: Hasil and Ralph
- 19th July, 2023: Dark Legacies
- 21st July, 2023: Clashing Convictions
- 24th July, 2023: The Vrăjitoare
- 25th July, 2023: The Vrăjitoare: Hasil's Durance, summarized
- 26th July, 2023: House Calls and Horrors
- 26th July, 2023: Bitter Reunion
- 29th July, 2023: Guardian Angel
- 30th July, 2023: Into the Hedge
- 2nd September, 2023: Dead Man's Curve