Note: This plot is intended for the Vampire sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Vampire characters.
The Kindred of New York are facing an existential threat. Just as happened over 20 years ago, Kindred are disappearing without a trace. The threat has grown bold and made itself known through a harrowing attack on the Prince and the court at North Brother Island, but continues to retreat to the shadows, happy to ambush kindred one by one, in their havens, in the streets, with overwhelming numbers in their own favor. Their tactics have earned them the moniker "Cowards".
- Piece together all of the information you have gathered on the threat.
- Uncover more information.
- End the threat permanently, and claim NYC for Kindred once more.
- The leader of the ghoul cult was captured in a daring daytime operation.
- She remains in Kindred custody awaiting interrogation.
The Liberty Island Incident
- A collection of Kindred launched an assault on Liberty Island to recover Quinn Martin and Joseph Oliver
- After an engagement that saw them enter the star fort itself, the Kindred uncovered a secret chamber beneath the statue.
- This chamber housed the cornucopia, an iron maiden like device that the cult was using to obtain its ichorous vitae.
- The cornucopia was damaged by Circe's Bane, and the Kindred extracted without casualties.
- It is unknown if the cult has the means to repair or replace the cornucopia.
Moira Reverie Reports that the ghouls are using an 'ichor' derived from a novel virus as the prime reagent for their blood sorcery.
- She has organised a team including Deni, Eli Dupree, Alexis Donovan, and Quinn Martin to research and develop countermeasures to nullify this reagent.
- The team has developed the ability to create through ritual an antigen that can injected or coated on weapons. It has a number of anti-ichor effects
- It will eject ghouls from their monstrous (and blasphemous) forms
- It will render traps imbued by ichor inert almost immediately
- It will nullify viral sources of ichor, preventing them from being used to create more
- The team has also developed the ability to detected infected sources of the virus through a minute of observation, if subtlety is employed.
- The team has weaponised the counter-agent so that it can be dispersed in the air, seeking out and neutering viral sources without the need for direct engagement. They can create traps that, if triggered within a day, will infect a viral host and then spread to other hosts they encounter.
- The team can construct devices that detect viral hosts in a 10 meter radius automatically.
The God of Blood
Moira Reverie has unfortunate portents of a religious matter involving the Lampreys and their interests in Queens. The Haruspex has not publicly divulged her findings, but if you ask her about it she might tell you what she's seen in her visions.
Haven't seen somebody in a while? Maybe they left town or maybe they were abducted. Quinn Martin has threads he's been following and has been assembling teams to deal with them.
- Joseph Oliver was recovered during the raid on Liberty Island.
Plot Details So Far
The Team So Far
- Every Vampire
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- 23rd September, 2021: Border Patrol
- 24th September, 2021: Beginning the Search
- 28th December, 2021: Long Island Investigation
- 31st December, 2021: We Live in a Dark Forest
- 9th January, 2022: Office Complex
- 14th January, 2022: Sunken Treasure
- 25th January, 2022: Finding Fuel
- 1st February, 2022: End of Evangelia
- 3rd February, 2022: Lacking Counsel
- 11th February, 2022: Blood Drive
- 15th February, 2022: Abigail's Day
- 21st February, 2022: Mab Frowns
- 7th March, 2022: Counterstrike
- 25th March, 2022: Peeking in the Confessionals
- 21st April, 2022: Dock Watch
- 25th April, 2022: Rescue Rangers Down Under (the Statue of Liberty)
- 25th May, 2022: Interrogating Circe
- 10th July, 2022: Tomb of a God
- How do I engage this plot?: Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.