| Wordless Songs of Love & Loss
Dorian Aria is the sort of man that one might describe as timeless. Just enough proof of age to look experienced, but with enough youth left to seem fun and lively at a moment's notice. Tall, but not overly so. Neither skinny not muscular. Hair silvered but still with some pigment to it. It's as if someone took an approximation of many tastes to make someone through an AI. His melodic voice seems to have a near impossible range. One downside is that his posture seems perhaps a bit too stiff and upright, and when one presses against him, it's hard like there isn't enough body fat to cushion all the uncomfortable bones everywhere.
To the eyes of the Lost and those gifted with the sight, the man is a finely tuned instrument of sculpted metal. At the base of his slightly too long throat is a series of strings that seem to pluck themselves as he speaks or sings. The f-holes along his abdomen become truly pronounced and his laughter can often be heard echoing all the way through them. Musical notes scroll themselves here and there in momentary reflections of light against the gold and silver of his form. His fine, long fingers are strung together like a fiddle bow.
Dorian's mantle is a subtle thing. Quiet somber notes drifting through the air like an instrumental sad song in the distance. A chill can be felt in the air, water condenses on surfaces, and one's breath may even fog randomly.
[ edit ]
|Love Songs (Anyone) - It's no secret that Dorian is the type to wine and dine nearly anyone. These charming displays of passion quickly ramp up in intensity until the sudden fickle end of the relationship by the Lost, usually leaving a mess in his wake. Perhaps he's the reason your friend called you at 11 pm sobbing and drunk. Maybe he's your own mistake. No hard feelings, eh?
Karaoke Hero (Anyone) - With the kind of singing chops that he brings to the mic, one would expect him to be hitting bigger venues than dingy open mic nights and karaoke bars, yet there you will find him. He's an avid attendant and more than happy for a duet.
Canon Overture (Anyone) - Gun nut is one way of putting it. The Nightsinger loves guns of all stripes, but has a certain fondness for handguns that has him often hanging around gun ranges.
Haunting Melody (Changeling) - One of The Black Arcana, Dorian was a participant in the silent war from the bidding of the King of Cups. Since the death of Oliver Jones, he has fully dived into trying to locate and bring together all of his fellows, with a willingness to follow any lead no matter how unlikely.
Cold Wave (Winter) - Settling somewhat quickly into the Winter Court, Dorian has taken up a position in Winter itself as Nettle so is always trying to keep up with the changing lies and bolt holes that each person will go to in an emergency. He is also happy to work with someone who wants to learn to protect themselves as Blade of the Dark Moon.
Jailhouse Blues (Crime) - Guilty by association is more than an idle phrase in some cases. Without any affiliation himself, it seems that Dorian has been keeping the company of a known member of the Triad. One foot in the door into the criminal underbelly of NYC means it is so much easier to get him to go along with your heists and schemes.
Grand Finale (Medical) - For a seemingly healthy individual, Dorian spends an inordinate time in hospitals. His own chart is filled with enough compulsory testing to scream hypochondriac. All that time there seems to lead to him spending even more time with the other patients, particularly those without close family and friends or those on their death bed.
[ edit ]
|Let none suffer in silence. Speak your mind.
- "The most confusing man I have ever met... an' I've met me! Jus' try an' keep up wae me, pal." - Hamish McGregor
- "Don't be fooled by the charming exterior, he has malicious intent." - Alexis Donovan
[ edit ]
- 9th July, 2022: VI Over Knight
- 13th July, 2022: Three Knights and a Page walk into a Bar.
- 23rd July, 2022: The Death of Oliver Jones
- 29th July, 2022: This Party Is Buzzin
- 4th August, 2022: Like Fishsticks Coated In Goldfish Crackers
- 7th August, 2022: Playing With Your Food: Open Mic Night
- 8th August, 2022: A Tale Of Two Nokias
- 12th August, 2022: A Summer Affair
- 15th August, 2022: 2P
- 18th August, 2022: Metal Meets Opera
- 18th August, 2022: Crunching Dead Cars
- 19th August, 2022: A Family Reading
- 23rd August, 2022: Loyalty Over Love
- 24th August, 2022: An Unintended Burial
- 25th August, 2022: Creative Meltdown
- 29th August, 2022: Social Guru
- 30th August, 2022: Rage Room
- 31st August, 2022: A Dream Darkly I: The Hospital
- 4th September, 2022: A Walk of Shame
- 4th September, 2022: Died In Your Arms
- 6th September, 2022: What To Do About Quinn
- 7th September, 2022: Backstage VIP Treatment
- 8th September, 2022: Creative Without Destructive
- 9th September, 2022: Hospital Visit I
- 11th September, 2022: Museum of Illusions
- 11th September, 2022: Summer Court
- 14th September, 2022: An Ounce of Prevention
- 18th September, 2022: Inside The Mind of 2P
- 20th September, 2022: Gambling in the Hedge
- 23rd September, 2022: Dorian in the Nightmare Maze
- 24th September, 2022: Bump in the Night
- 24th September, 2022: Crowning the King of Autumn Part 1
- 24th September, 2022: Revel-Kitty's Got Claws
- 25th September, 2022: Spooking Jack
- 26th September, 2022: It Was The Moon
- 27th September, 2022: Chatting with 2P
- 30th September, 2022: Phone Calls at 2:37 AM
- 1st October, 2022: WTF (Not The Werewolf One)
- 1st October, 2022: Sun and Moons
- 1st October, 2022: The Knight and The Nightsinger
- 1st October, 2022: The Moon
- 1st October, 2022: Post WTF
- 2nd October, 2022: Three Pack of Six Pack
- 2nd October, 2022: Vibe Check Failed
- 3rd October, 2022: Begrudged
- 9th October, 2022: A Game of Ghostings
- 9th October, 2022: Scoping Out A New Hideout
- 11th October, 2022: Dorian the Dreaming Damsel's Diary
- 13th October, 2022: Curry Sword
- 13th October, 2022: It's a little bit of a fixer-upper
- 6th November, 2022: Get Your Smash On
- 9th November, 2022: The Halloween Tree
- 9th November, 2022: Something's Brewing
- 9th November, 2022: Playing The Fool
- 26th November, 2022: The Moon has Burned
|As part of how I built this character, there are a number of effects that may inflict AoE conditions such as Swooning. In most instances, I fully intend to work with you to ensure everyone is comfortable with such things. In dangerous situations, however, the Nightsinger blessing does not discriminate, and I will be forced to use it for potential combat halting purposes. This is your warning that in such scenes it may come to pass.
[ edit ]