Bloodlines are refinements or evolutions to a Kindred's condition and curse. The blood twists and warps into something altogether, focusing them into a new kind of monster. Bloodlines are why Kindred fear strangers; you never know how their curse has twisted them, or what rituals, requirements, or indulgences their Beast demands.
- A vampire can join the Bloodline of their Sire at Blood Potency 1. Note: This only includes Sires that are functioning NPCs/PCs in NYC. This does not include Sires that exist only within the context of a character's background.
- A vampire can join any Bloodline available to their Clan at Blood Potency 2 by tapping into the depths of their past lineage.
- A vampire at Blood Potency 6 can be the Originator of their Bloodline. This is only important for story reasons, and does not impact the process of 'custom bloodlines.'
All Bloodlines gain access to four in-clan disciplines; two of which must be in-clan for the Parent Clan and no more than two can be Disciplines unique to one clan (eg: Auspex, Majesty, Dominate, Protean, Nightmare). Bloodlines also gain an additional Bane to reflect how their curse has evolved. Bloodlines gain access to a Gift, a unique power available to the Bloodline, and access to five Devotions.
- Khaibit (Mekhet) - The Asps are masters of shadow and ancient defenders against the Strix.
- Lynx (Mekhet) - The Chained can see how everything is connected, and learn how to control the aspects of the 'network'.
- Toreador (Daeva) - The Patrons have their finger on the pulse of art and culture, and with it, on humanity itself.
Characters are welcome to create their own custom Bloodlines, including updating versions from 1e or from Storyteller Vault. Regardless of where the inspiration comes from, all custom Bloodlines must go through a custom approval process. All custom Bloodlines must fit into the template provided and will only be considered if there are two PCs interested in the content. Due to the size of Dark City, and the amount of custom content that goes with each Bloodline approval, we simply cannot spend time balancing mechanics for individual Bloodlines. It is also not the intent or design for every character in the game to have their own unique Bloodline.
Visit our Custom Bloodlines Approval Guide for instructions and tips on submitting a successful Bloodline Request.