Below The Subway
From Dark City
- ST'd by JJ
Note: This plot is intended for Crossover.
A strange monster is snatching people from subway cars and dragging them deeper below the city.
Plot Details So Far
- Ruthie Romero and Sierra Roen saved Atirah Hatem from being taken by the monster.
- Revel Black was taken by the monster and managed to escape.
- At least one sewer tunnel has collapsed during the the hunt for this creature.
- There are (3) Nodes of the blob in total - (1) so far has been destroyed.
- The blob's main hub has been located around the Southhill Area of Queens near the water.
- The Changelings have shared all knowledge they have with the Werewolves in hopes it will help defeat it.
- Sierra fought with the creature, and warned the Protectorate and local Forsaken packs about its nature, location, and hunting tactics.
- Sierra and Fenton destroyed one of the creature's nodes, saving and sparing the life of the Seven Of Cups... and then taking him captive. Sierra took samples of it, along with bones of the deceased.
- Revel Black and Oliver Jones are warning members of the Freehold to stay away from the Subway until it can be investigated safely.
- Revel is said to have collected/edited an up-to-date map of the subway tunnels and has found a small group of Freehold volunteers to go explore sometime in the near future.
- Jenny posts a report to the freehold, describing a vision of the creature's origin. She says "I saw a mad scientist in a trashed lab full of dead test animals. It looks like the 60s or 70s, and he's been cooped up down here a while. He's looking for something, and failing to find it instead jabs an ominous syringe into his neck. Horrible business really, darlings."
- Ren confirmed through the Wyrd that the creature was indeed a mad science experiment gone wrong, and that the creature's weakness is fire or starvation. There is no supernatural compulsion motivating it; it operates purely on animal instinct.
- Revel has discovered the monster uses its body as anchor points throughout the tunnels. It moves slowly, expanding pieces of itself until it catches prey. When it does - it releases and snaps back to its lair (wherever that may be). If they can find the lair, they will probably have more success cornering it when it has nowhere to run.
- Aksel has managed to collect a substantial fragment of the creature, cut off from a pseudopod extrusion during it's escape. Currently sealed in multiple heavy duty jars, tests to follow.
- Bernard reached out to Revel via phone, indicating that some 'others' were also dealing with the blob monster and had the manpower to help deal with it.
- Revel was contacted by a David. An agreement to share all information that they (Changelings) had gathered was made in order to help these 'others' take down the blob.
- Revel and Ren located the last of the blob nodes, gathered all known Changeling intel, and delivered the information via flashdrive at the designated location.
Count Me In
How to Get Involved!
- Add yourself to the list, this plot is wide open to the entire venue.
- Head to the Wanted Board and see if any players currently involved can bring you in.
- Check out your own skills and open a ticket for the STs with ways you think you could get involved.
- This plot is now restricted to invite only by players involved or the ST.
- This plot is no longer taking on new players.
How to Utilize this Plot Page
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Please review if the plot is open, and how to get involved. If you are already involved, please reference the list of other characters involved in the plot.
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.
Past Scenes / RP Logs
- 29th June, 2022: Must Have Been Her Stop
- 3rd July, 2022: That's Not Me
- 13th July, 2022: The Twins Hunt Below the Subway
- 17th July, 2022: Investigation or A Hunt?
- 1st August, 2022: Out of the Subway with Sven
- 10th August, 2022: Begrudging Alliance