From Dark City
Maintaining Essence in Dark City
Please see this page for rules on how Werewolves gain Essence within Dark City; taking into account our format.
- All Werewolf PCs are considered able to maintain their Essence stores off-screen.
- Werewolf packs with Dedicated Locus can draw on 3 points of Essence per point of their rating per day.
- Werewolf PCs can make a Hunting Check once per week (via a Werewolf Ticket) with a process that is similar to vampire hunting rolls outlined in VTR p95-96, but not identical. Use the following list of modifiers (more will be added):
- Hunting inside pack territory +2.
- Hunting outside pack territory -2.
- Hunting in the Gurihal if Harmony is greater than 5 +1.
- Hunting in the Gurihal if Harmony is less than 5 -1.
- Hunting in the Hisil if Harmony is less than 5 +1.
- Hunting in the Hisil if Harmony is greater than 5 -1.
- Hunting Sacred Prey of the ritemaster +1.
- Packs may perform their weekly hunts together. To do so, open a pack ticket. Collaborate to determine what the prey is and a short explanation of why this prey is relevant to the pack. Designate a teamwork leader and make your rolls. This will narrow down the pack's focus and reward a Pack Beat.
- Specialties and powers and Renown and Primal Urge and Merit bonuses do not apply. You may not spend Willpower. Your dice pool should be a straight Attribute + Skill.
- Characters can still feed during plots at the whim of the ST of the scene.