Who Can Be Thralled?
- Players must consent to blood bonding their PC oocly.
- All PCs and NPCs can be blood bound to a vampire.
- PCs and NPCs can only be fully bound to a single vampire at once.
- Ghouls are always fully bound to their Regnant.
- A complete blood bond does not stop a Geist from acting in their own interest apart from the blood bound Sin-Eater.
- Blood Bonding among Kindred is heavily frowned on and considered taboo, as is sharing The Kiss. In New York City under Prince Mab, perversion is completely illegal.
Who Can Be Ghouled?
- Players must consent to ghouling their PC oocly.
- Mortal+ PCs will lose their supernatural merits when ghouled. They can go through SoM to get their points returned.
- Half Splats, such as Wolf Bloods or Fae Touched can NOT be ghouled.
- Once you're ghouled, you can only become embraced or desanction. There is no returning to your previous character state even if your regnant desanctions. Please choose Regnant/Ghoul connections wisely.
- If you are playing a Ghoul who has lost their Regnant and are without Vitae, your character will remain a ghoul, but gain the Deprived Condition after 1 month.
- You must find a new PC Regnant, or make arrangements with an NPC.
- You can choose to be Embraced - please discuss this with the ST.
- You can shelve the PC or Desanction until you're able to play them again.
Who Can Be Embraced?
- Players must consent to embracing their PC oocly.
- Mortal+ will lose their supernatural merits when embraced. They can go through SoM to get their points returned.
- Half Splats, such as Wolf Bloods or Fae can be embraced.
- Full Splats, such as Werewolves, Changelings, and Sin-Eaters, can not be embraced.
Hunting & Vitae
- It's assumed all Kindred have access to at least daily vitae to sustain their Requiem unless otherwise noted for backstory or plot.
- Once weekly a player can roll for hunting. Please note hunting grounds, herd, flock, etc.. are all presumed to be within your covenants own territory. Unaligned get direction from Seneschal Darrows for where they are to feed.
- See VtR pg 96 for Hunting Rules.
- We do not use the beat system. Characters can not choose to dramatically fail.
- Exceptional Success provides the Sated Condition
- Vitae cannot be gained from any PC aside from noted ghouls. (You may still feed from other PCs, but you do not mechanically benefit from it.)
- To feed from any Supernatural (full splat PC or NPCs) you must take the Unnatural Affinity Merit.
- At least one roll per month should take into account your vitae given to your ghouls.
Keep track of your Vitae, WP, and Health with the PC Fuel Tracker [here].
- Status in vampire needs justification if it falls under City or Covenant. Status can not begin above 2 at sanction.
- We are not using Clan status.
- PCs may not learn Disciplines via Ghouls.
- Humanity purchased does qualify for SoM if you lose it IC due to embracing, etc, but there will be a consequence of a waiting period to repurchase. If it's your first instance of rebuying Humanity you've lost, you'll have to wait 1 month. Your second instance, you'll wait 2 months and so forth. You can not gain XP for base Humanity at character creation.
- Characters who fall below Humanity 3 are required to purchase Humanity back to 3 via XP, desanction, or become an NPC.
Nosferatu Clan Bane
- When dealing with humans, treat the Nosferatu’s Humanity as two dots lower for the purpose of Social penalties, and treat any Presence and Manipulation failures as dramatic failures. This bane does not apply to interactions with Touchstones or Kindred. - For the purposes of the game, you do not suffer mechanical penalties, but Vampires and Touchstones still do not feel comfortable in your presence. Your blood still embodies fear and disgust. This should be roleplayed out and not ignored.
All players must consent to their PC having a blood bond, being ghouled, or getting embraced oocly. ICly there is allowed to be some conflict, but heavy drama, or drama that leads to antagonistic outcomes are not allowed. Please communicate between players to discuss the desired outcome of IC actions before proceeding. If you have questions please contact Staff.
Only one PC per player may have any of the above connections in the Vampire Sphere. If you have a thrall, a ghoul, or a vampire, your other PC may not become any of these.
Companion Book Material
- All materials from companion books are at ST's discretion. This list is not exclusive.
- Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition (aka Blood & Smoke: The Strix Chronicle)
- and also the FAQs
- Secrets of the Covenants
- No Themes in Blood Sorcery are in use.
- Spilled Blood
- Approved Bloodlines Only