The lost Library
Note: This plot is intended for the Changeling sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Changelings and Hedge Inclined characters.
Charles Throkmorton wishes to try to find salvageable parts out of the burned down Court Library.
Plot Details So Far
- The history of the Freehold of Chrome and Neon is unrevealed to its denizens. A curse hangs over the Freehold and all its members, a vicennial curse, lingering two decades as a miasma to memory. As transcribed from the words of Charles Throkmorton, "You all are questioning yourself why is it so that we never talk about the past why is it so that we never mention why this war happened or why we have French names in spring, why we have German names in summer or why we have deadly flowers as winter... We can't tell you, you can't read about it, you will never know until the curse is lifted." The Freehold used to have a Scribe and a Library, but both were lost in a fire long ago, believed to be linked to an unknown, or un-remembered, war. The Year of the Fire, as it is known, remains a mystery but Throkmorton has set to task the Lost of the Freehold to recover their memories. The remains of the Library must be investigated. The Freehold needs its memories back, it needs its history.
Kill It With Fire
- The Freeholders were attacked by chittering creatures in the subway during the expedition to find The Twins. Summer courtiers Aksel Arkwright, Ciara Thorne, and Dalton Waldteufel, with aid from Sun-Wu Renli and Li Hua Aleanor Bulanteli, aim to return to the underground to burn out the creatures and destroy their presumed nest, to make safe the Hedge underneath.
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors below for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry below, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what? If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post below in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed below, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.
- The Freehold is cursed, twenty-years going. The curse banishes all memories from the Freehold's Courtiers and therefore none can recall why or how the Library burnt, how or why there is no longer a Scribe. Rumour abounds about a war occurring those two-decades ago, but again, memories are absent.
- Daphne, aka Byzantine, one of those recently released from the slave market at the Medina, has information regarding the Library. According to her, there is a doorway to the Lost Library in the Cloisters, a doorway marked with three fish in a circle. This door requires a special key to open. The secret of this key is known to "the Twins", who reside in the hedge along the Subway System. Chester Harrington is organizing an expedition to find them with Daphne as guide.
- A band of Freeholders ventured into the depths of New York, exploring the underground to follow a rumour about The Twins. The party of Daphne Avramidis, Raber Sehbaz, Chester Harrington, Aksel Arkwright, Avery Vogel, Ciara Thorne, Li Hua Aleanor Bulanteli, and Sun-Wu Renli discovered The Twins after sneaking their way past a tour group and fighting back a chittering horde. A deal was struck with The Twins, Sráthach and Uathach: Within one Lunar month three unspecified items will be delivered to The Twins. Upon the first, information on the Vex King shall be rewarded. If the first one is not delivered, all parties are free of this Pledge, if information is not granted, or the other two items are not given, the items will turn upon their owners. The band of lost additionally learned that the Vex King has 'The Key' that provides 'the way to the Library'.
- A box was left for the Freehold, humbly crafted and splintery. Found inside was a note, written on discarded paper, requesting 'item first, a rope of ashes'. Beneath the paper was a tongue, long and forked. This is presumed to be the first item requested by The Twins.
Count Me In
- Ciara Thorne
- Avery Vogel
- Aksel Arkwright
- Li Hua Aleanor Bulanteli
- Sun-Wu Renli
- Ash Faraday
- Jenny Grey
- Your Name here
- Scheduling Soon