Note: This plot is intended for the Mortal/+ sphere. That doesn't mean that other people can't potentially get involved, especially if someone reaches out to them, but please try to leave the focus of the plot for Mortal/+ characters.
Graffiti is nothing novel in New York, nor are fancier iterations like spraypaint activated by black lights. But lately, some tags with weird runes have started appearing in seemingly random locations, all across each of the five boroughs.
Plot Details So Far
- Some graffiti artists, and at least one bar patron, had strange reactions after being exposed to a black light spraypainted symbol, and most of them died from the exposure.
- The federal government has gotten involved in modifying the autopsy reports of the people who passed away.
- Nanites somehow got into the bloodstream of the victims through the spray paint, resulting in extreme physical abnormalities like superstrength, as well as strong instability, and in most cases, heart attacks.
- Elspeth Morrow let's others know after collecting the black matter the man puked up, she did a little research on it, testing it for various compounds to see if could be defined. The substance is a mixture of bile and... something else, something that is highly corrosive; not quite enough to eat through all organic material like acid, per se, but if concentrated, it could probably burn right through clothing or tissue. Once some of the chemical bonds are broken down to separate out the substance from the generic "this-was-in-a-body" muck, and isolate it, there is no doubt that it is something synthetic. There are unidentified proteins in the black, tar-like soup, compounds that are elegantly strung together and are very unlikely to be naturally occurring. And sometimes it moves. She put it in a container where she hoped it will be safe and tried to feed it. Sugars and proteins at first, just to see where it would go. But it didn't eat. The sugar and proteins just bonded with substance rather than be consumed.
- Veda Rivera Collected the names of the Government officers who visited Ronaldo Souza's remains. M. Reicher, J. Cairo, P. Stanz. Reicher went back a second time. I was unable to collect any further information on them though.
- Eleanor Mei Brantley spreads some information that she knows at least one of the symbols that "infected" the "The Sick Man" she even made a picture. After taking some files out of the morgue, Eleanor is sure that they get "infected" with nanites that self-produce and kill the host. They are applied via spraypaint bottles from the graffiti. After meeting with a Nanite specialist Dr. Geoffrey Fawn, there is no doubt about this. She is now seeking help on trying to find the people who can build the nanites and create the spray cans.
- Deni, through contact with Fenton, shares that the nanites were manufactured in a subterranean facility roughly 40 miles north of the Dulles airport, as well as that one of the "infected" bodies was dissected by a Dr. Bernard Sutton from the Department of Energy before being cremated.
Count Me In
- How do I engage this plot?: Add yourself to the Count Me In section. Read the IC Rumors for what information is widely known IC. If it's there, you are safe to assume your character has heard that information either through the IC grapevine off-screen (from the person who posted the info, or from a random no-name NPC who told you when you ran into each other, etc). Figure out from there how your character would react, and do it! If you want to take off-camera downtime actions like research, investigation, asking an NPC for guidance, etc, please put in a ticket.
- I know things I want everyone to know. How do I get that out there?: Add an entry, under IC Rumors. Feel free to specify a context under which you did or would tell people. Do you just tell every PC or NPC who asks, so the rumor is getting around? You don't have to post anything you don't want to, and are free to require people to seek you out for RP to get information, but if you're tired of explaining the same things over and over, put it up here.
- I was just in a plot scene! Now what?' If you have a follow-up, submit a ticket! Even if you don't, it would be great if you could add to the Plot Details and Summary sections above to help keep everyone on the same page with what's being shared IC.
- How do I connect with others related to this plot: Post in the Count Me In section, and check out others who have opted into the plot as well. You may also wish to post in
- Don't assume everyone knows what you know, even if it was in a public scene. If you have plot detail that isn't listed, add it.
- This is the documentation of your IC information sharing. Take ownership of it. Include important information that took place in scenes, even if there is a log. Not everyone reads logs!
- Do I have to share what I know? Of course not. You're free to operate at any level of shady and secretive that you like, but generally the most people have fun when information-sharing is collaborative, and plot resolution tends to progress a little more quickly. The choice, of course, is yours.